November 2017: Part 5- Midnight Screening of 'Justice League'

'Justice League' was an epic film. The experience was made extra special and exciting, owing to the fact that I went to see it at midnight as soon as it came out on 17 November. I went with Joel and his PA Marc. We ended up being in one of the biggest cinema auditoriums I had ever been in. I'm used to the disabled seating area being quite close to the screen and on a flat surface, but the one I found myself in when I went to see 'Justice League', was halfway down to the screen and was sloped down. It was a very good view. The film itself was brilliant. It was a treat for the eyes as we saw the amalgamation on screen of the ultimate superhero team, including Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman and Superman, all ready to save the world, together.
    It was definitely a great and interesting experience going to see a film at midnight, especially the fact that I didn't end up going to bed until about 3 o'clock in the morning, and strangely found myself more awake than ever when I got up at eight AM for a 10 AM seminar. The reason why we ended up getting out of there so late is because everybody who has ever seen a Marvel or DC comics film knows that it's worth waiting until the very end of the credits for a post-credits scene that sets up some aspect of one of the next films as a teaser for it.
   I also felt proud to be one of the first people to see the film as I bet I was the only one in there from Jersey, and so had a special connection with Henry Cavill. I think I speak for everyone from Jersey when I say that we feel and immense sense of pride that somebody from our little island has done so well for themselves, and has the opportunity to entertain millions around the world, (bring on 'Mission Impossible 6'!), whilst still staying down-to-earth as a genuine and caring person, which can be seen in his local conservation work for Durell.
   I loved the thrill of going to see a film at midnight so much that that's  just what I'm going to do when Star Wars: The Last Jedi is released on the morning of 14 December. I still can't believe we get to see it before America! It is released there on 15 December, but I suppose it makes sense that people in the UK get to see it a day before because the two main stars, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega, are British, and it was mostly filmed, in the UK at at locations including Pinewood studios in London, and Skellig Micheal, Ireland. I'm so excited!