December 2017: Part 3- Mary Rose Museum Volunteer Christmas Party

I really enjoyed this seasonal occasion, not least because it was my first party as a volunteer at the Mary Rose. It was a interestingly unique gathering as it was actually inside the museum. Tables were set out and a buffet was laid out. Surrounded by some of the exhibits. It was a great opportunity to meet volunteers who work on days other than Saturday when I work.
The food was nice, turkey meatballs as well as normal turkey breast, Pasta and garlic bread, with Prosecco roulade for dessert.
As well as to celebrate the festive season, and our hard work in general, the event was also used to commemorate the long service of some of the more seasoned volunteers. One person received an award for over 50 years of service, not only as the achiever of over 20 years of volunteering services, but also he was one of the original people to go diving to the wreck when it was initially first discovered. Long before the museum, let alone the museum in its current incarnation was even opened.
It was a weird and unique privilege to be inside the museum with no members of the public around. It was quite creepy actually, but exciting all the same.
It was a great evening, and nice to spend time with some of the people who made my experience volunteering at the Mary Rose Museum so far so enjoyable, and also to make new friends.