Febuary 2018: Part 2: Assessment Feedback Part Five: English Essay 3 (55/100)

With this English assessment, I chose the opportunity to be creative with the content. I chose the creative option, which was to write a piece basically looking into the inner workings of something in a way the average person wouldn't usually do.
   The writing style of this was based on the writing style ofRoland Barthes in his famous book, 'Mythologies'.
   I chose to write about disability, because at least I know quite a lot about what to speak about, with some authority. I chose to centre the piece specifically on the significance of disabled toilets to the disabled and the perceived right able-bodied people think they have to just use them for convenience. I also discussed, anonymously using my own experiences, the tube and bus network in London, as well as personal working relationships with personal assistants, among other topics.
   Although the marker of the piece said that they understood that I was trying, they thought that I was being too broad with my points l,but despite this they still gave me 55 out of 100, which I am very happy with.
   This piece gave me the chance to express myself creatively and I still got accredited for it.  It was a worthwhile and unique experience and a welcome change of pace from just writing a traditional essay.