Febuary 2018: Part 1: Assessment Feedback Part Four: English Essay 2 (60/100)

I have now received some more English assessment feedback, and I am glad to say that I did much better the 45 out of 100 I go to my first English essay. This essay required me to analyse two short stories of my choice, studied on the Short Story unit. The question I chose was to analyse these stories with regards to how much access we as readers get to the interiority of different character's minds.
   I enjoyed every story studied on this unit and the unit as a whole, being my favourite English unit of this year, and I feel that 60 out of 100 is a respectable mark for me to end with.
   Yes, that's right, this is the first unit since I've been at university that I have now fully finished and passed because it was a short-term unit studied, completely,before Christmas, now replaced by a media one for this side of the year. Due to the fact that the essay was not the only task I had to do on this unit, and that I also had to pass an online referencing test, means that the percentage I got on the essay, 60%, was not quite the amount that I passed the year the overall with.    I passed the unit 69.23%, accounting for me also passing the online referencing test. This is a very good percentage, as if the first year counted in terms of marked grades, it would be an indication to me that I had achieved a 2: pass on the unit. If I had passed 70% it would've already been a First, but being so close to a First is fine with me, as I feel I can only improve over the next two years.