March 2018: Part 7: 'School of Rock': The Musical

As the end of the Easter term approached, and all of my hard work not only for the term, but for the year ( almost) finished, it was time for me to meet up with my family in London, so that could take me home for Easter. Before we went home however, we attended a performance of 'School of Rock' the Musical at the new London Theatre, which was the same theatre in which I went to see 'War Horse' in, on the Les Quennevais 2013 London activity week trip. Those who went on that trip with me will remember that the wheelchair access entrance for the New London theatre entails me going up a lift with a member of staff and them taking me backstage past some of the dressing room doors to get to the wheelchair space, high in the back of the theatre. Unfortunately, as with when I went to see 'War Horse' I did not meet any of the actors, but also unfortunately unlike with 'War Horse', (where I could see some of the puppets and costumes) the doors were closed so I couldn't see any of the costumes or anything. That was fine though because it was more of a surprise to me when I saw the performance unfold in front of me. I really enjoyed it.
I felt that the story was very faithful to it's Jack Black film origins, but it was also spiced up with a score of music and lyrics by none other than Andrew Lloyd Webber.
It was impressive that, at the point where the child stars played instruments, that this music was completely live and played and not aided by the house band.
I liked it so much that I think I might go again, and this is because I found out afterwards that, 'School of 'Rock offers discounted £15 tickets to students.
The music was very high energy, and my favourite songs, that I've since learned all of the words to, were 'When I Climb to the top of Mount Rock', and 'Stick it to the Man', alongside fan favourites from the film itself, including 'School of Rock (Teacher's Pet)' ', and 'In in the End of Time'.
I highly recommend anybody who loves the film to go and see this show if I can. You won't be disappointed. It is currently running until January 2019, I do hope it gets renewed for years and years to come though.