Chapter 4

Dhianna Gabriel

3 April 2013.

It's been two months since the death of my second dad, Emmanuel and looking at Mari, she's been making progress. She doesn't mop around anymore and she didnt push his boyfriend, Erick, away anymore and that's making me so happy.

I woke up today to the blaring sound of my alarm and I stretched while pulling myself out of the duvet.

Suddenly, my phone went off signalling I have a text messages.

Mariela: want me to buy your breakfast or no?

Chris Velez: morning, monkey head. How was your beauty sleep? See ya at school. Miss u loads x

Erick: what do u want for breakfast, dhialito?

I smiled. Chris is such a goofy head. He has been out of school for 3 months because he's been travelling but now that he's back I can't help but be excited. So, I replied to them;

Me: anything is fine. Bring me coffee, too! Hehehe, love u 💖

Me: my sleep was fine, you sloth. I MISSED U TOO! SEE YA X

Me: anything is fine, really. Gosh you and your girl are so annoying.

I put my phone down and walked to my bathroom to get some shower. Once I'm done feeling fresh, I curled my brown hair, and put on some concealer and lip gloss and that's it. I'm ready for the day.

Ever since my parent's death, I pretty much never cook at home and when I did it would be just me putting the pop tarts in the microwave or heating up some frozen pizza.

I put my shoes on and then walked to my car and drive my way to school. As soon as I arrived and was bout' to walked out of my car, I was attacked by a high pitched voice, calling after my name. I turned around only to find Christopher running towards me, with smiles all over his face.

When he approached me, in just a nick of time, he enveloped me in a bear crushing hug and I hugged him back, getting used to the smell of him again.

Chris is my best friend. He's always been there for me, ever since we were kids, truth be told, I love him more than I love Mariana. But only by 0.01%.

"Nice seeing you again too, Chris." I said, still crushed in his embrace. His warm embrace actually has always been my safe haven, but when he was gone, before my parents' death, I was left all alone, with only Mariana to comfort me.

"Baby girl, I'm sorry about your parents. I'd tried to take the first flight I could to be here for you, but I can't. I'm so sorry." He said, kissing my forehead. He always do that when he feels like everything he did for me is not enough.

"It's okay, Chris. It's fine. I'm fine now. How are you?" I asked, ignoring the fact that I'm off guard when he talked about my parents.

"I'm fine. I found a lot of new friends I'd like you to meet soon. You'll love them." He said, flashing his beautiful smile.

"Sure, I will." I said, "Um..why don't we get to class? You've been out of school for too long, sweetheart."

He laughed, said, "Gosh, I just miss you a lot!" And lift me while spinning me over.

I screamed and demanded Chris to put me down, but after a few attempts, and when all eyes are on us, he put me down.

I glared at him and he flash me his innocent smile.

"You guys are so cute. You guys should be a couple." Mariana suddenly came and hugged Chris. Erick was left, looking so awkward.

"Ah, Erick, come here. It's a hug day." I called him, and he walked closer to hug me.

Mariana laughed, and hugged Erick while they kissed for a whole awkward 2.5 seconds. I looked over Christopher and he was looking at them in awe.

"You guys disgust me, get a room, you two!" I exclaimed, and they sprang away from each other.

"Aw, monkey head is jealous." Chris remarked and I glared at him.

"Come on." He walked beside me as he take my hand, "Let's go to class."

Suddenly Mariana came beside me and whispered something I never thought she would say, "Dhistopher will pull through."

I rolled my eyes, and walked to my first class, AP Lit.

The days went pretty much as usual, and when it was time for lunch, I walked into the cafeteria to find Erick and Mariana already saving a place for me. I couldn't find Chris but it's okay maybe his class was in the different building.

As I was in the line for gross canteen food, someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around to find Chris and someone unfamiliar next to him.

"Oh, yeah, meet Mariana. Mariana, he's the new kid at the school I'd like you to meet. I mean, he's new right, so he must be lonely so I decided us have lunch with him..

"Oh..okay. What's his name?" I asked, smiling at him. He looked shy, but he smiled back, and extended his hand to me.

To be honest, even though he was shy his smile is still genuine, and I got a feeling he's a great guy for sure.

"Hi..I'm..."

To be continued.

******

A/N: *DRAMATIC DRUM ROLL* DUN DUN DUN WHO COULD IT BE?

FIND OUT NEXT!

DON'T FORGET TO SHARE, VOTE AND COMMENT

COME SAY HI;
TWITTER: @MIXYJOEL
INSTAGRAM: AZZANORZAINI

JUST AN UPDATE, CNCO IS NOMINATED FOR LATIN GRAMMY GUYS! A GRAMMY! IM JUST SO PROUD OF THEM, MY BABIES 💖 THEY'RE NOMINATED FOR 'MEJOR NUEVO ARTIST' WHICH IS BEST NEW ARTIST.

FELIDADES MIS AMORES!