Chapter 15

Joel Pimentel

I woke up today when I realized Dhianna had woken up and tryna move herself out of my embrace. When I flutter my eyes open, I pull her back into my embrace and push ourselves up to a sitting position.

"Que pasa, Dhianna?" I asked.

As soon as she was up, Chris and Zabdiel was standing, horror clear on their faces. I couldn't quite understand what Chris and Dhianna is talking about because I'm pretty much still overwhelmed by morning stillness.

But then, when reality started kicking in, I was being chased out of Dhianna's house by Chris.

"Out.." he said, " Zabdiel, can you send him home? I'll fix up his car and send it to his house."

I only nodded and got up from my seat, towards the door with Zabdiel next to me. As soon as we were out of the house, I quickly get in the car and Zabdiel sped up towards my house.

"So.." he started, "What were you doing at Dhianna's house?"

I smiled, "I wanted to see her but she was not home and when I was about to go home my car died and my phone too. So...that's why."

He laughed, "You guys are so cute."

I looked at him, "You think so?"

His eyes was focused on the road but he looked at me in one glanced and smirked, "For as long as I've known Dhianna, she's a wonderful girl. Beautiful too. If you're thinking of upgrading your friendship, I beg you please don't hurt her."

I finally looked at the road, "Not planning to."

The drive was quiet and I was left to think about whatever Zabdiel had said. Am I ready for a next step with Dhianna? To me, yeah, she's wonderful, although our first meeting wasn't like what anyone would expect but, I don't know.

Ever since I saw her smiles when I was comforting her, not 4 months ago, everything in my life was all about her. I have this urge to protect and love her that everytime I see her, my mind become messy and I couldn't think straight.

But, I couldn't possibly be in love, right?

"Joel, we're here." Zabdiel's voice suddenly boomed through my head

I thanked him and walked inside my house only to find my family having breakfast and they all looked upon me in disbelief.

"Where were you last night, Joel?" Mum asked as she got up to the kitchen.

I smiled, "My car died when I was at Dhianna's house. So, she offered me to stay over."

Israel smirked at me, "Already to the next level, aye, hermano?"

I rolled my eyes and sit down for a breakfast with my family. My abuelita was smiling every time I answer her question about Dhianna. It's like she loves Dhianna too, although she never meet her.

After I finished eating breakfast, I quickly walked towards my bedroom and slammed my body on my bed as soon as I eased my door shut. I turned my body and now I was facing the ceiling.

Dhianna, dhianna, Dhianna, dhianna

What are you doing, Joel? Why are you saying her name?

Suddenly, there's an unfamiliar melody playing inside my head with lyrics all related to Dhianna and without wasting any time I quickly take out my note pad and guitar and started writing a new song.

After about an hour of perfecting the song, I'm impressed at how fast I'm writing and composing this song. Geez, what is happening to me?

I shrugged the thoughts away and after taking a shower, I spent my whole day sitting on my bed, playing video games.