Chapter 25

I fluttered my eyes open, as the hands that were holding on to me, fall to the ground lifeless.

I stand there, still shocked at what just happened.

Austin had blown his brain out. He's dead. In the most psychotic ways.

I was suddenly being held in someone's tight embrace and when I snapped back into reality, I saw Chris standing upon dead Austin and I was in Joel's embrace.

He hugged me so tight, and keeps on kissing my face and my lips as if he was so grateful. Grateful that I was not the one who was killed by Austin.

Of course he is, Dhianna.

"Dhianna. Dhianna. I love you. Love you. Love you." Joel said repeatedly and I froze at his words.

Did he just said he loves me?

In words?

Oh my god.

"Oh my god, Dhianna. I was so worried." Joel said again, as he pulled me out of his embrace, his brown eyes piercing into dark orbs.

I, who was still overwhelmed, looked at him wide eyed.

Overwhelmed by the fact that I was fighting for myself from Austin and now he laid on my bedroom floor, blood gushing out of everywhere.

Suddenly, I plopped down to my knees and cried. So much that I left Chris and Joel looking at me, so worried that I think they look funny if I wasn't feeling shitty.

I cried tears of joy as I thank god for saving me from a demon.

I cried tears of sorrow as the recollection of what happened that night just happened a few minutes ago.

I cried tears of misery as I looked at a lifeless Austin and thought about him, when I was at the first stage of our relationship. He was so tender and loving and gosh, I love that guy. I loved that guy.

A soft voice boomed into my head as I was crying.

"Dhianna, you're okay. It's all fine now." Chris said and I looked up at him and somehow I cried more.

"..You're okay, Dhianna. I'm here." Joel said next.

"Joel." I said and he looked at me.

"Yes?"

"Please leave me alone." I pleaded and somehow he gave me a look I couldn't read.

He stayed quiet and we all does.

Joel pulled me in his embrace again as he kissed my forehead again.

My heart soared at that.

A few minutes later, Joel and Chris brought Austin out of my room to settle whatever it is for him.

I got up from my sitting position and walked up to my bed and sit there.

So much had happened and the fact that Austin just died in my room made sit on the bed, unable to move.

Suddenly, my phone chimed again and I noticed it was the a message, from the same unknown number.

I read the text.

It says;

Hi Dhianna. By now, I might be dead because surely, I couldn't and wouldn't kill you. I sent you this at least after 5 minutes of scheduled death. It was set so don't worry, I am really dead. I just wanted to say I'm sorry, I know this will never be enough, even after a thousand of sorries being sent, but I still wanna say sorry though. Loving you wasn't hard, Dhianna. But, making a mistake and trying to accept the fact I screwed up was hard. I tried distancing myself but gosh, I couldn't. My actions was purely based on my demons lashing out, Dhianna. I am truly sorry I've taken something you couldn't get back so as a token of apology, I'm taking my own life. Something I couldn't get back. I am sorry for all the words I've thrown you and all the shit I've given you. I didn't mean any of that. I love you too much, Dhianna but gosh, I was driven by lust and sin, I hurt you. I'm sorry, Dhianna. I know you wished you will never see me again, but I wished I could see you before I died, and I did. Your beautiful features is what I want to see before I die and I want nothing more. Thanks for loving me, Dhianna. The messed up me. You're the one to blame because I'm just a fool in love. Goodbye, forever, Austin Hall.

I blinked at the words and suddenly, a tear escaped my eyes again, and this time it wasn't because I was grateful he was dead.

It was because we were both fools in love and we both ruined each other. I cried at the loss of my once love. I cried at what he become.

He turned to be something he never wanted to be. He was beyond repair.

He was defective.

I closed my eyes and thought about how much love had ruined many people in the world.

And I fall...

Fall into the black void.