Chapter 13

Dhianna Gabriel

4 August 2013

I woke up today to a familiar screaming of Christopher famous ear-screeching screams.

I open my eyes and realized that I'm sleeping on Joel and he was hugging me.

I quickly but slowly pull his hands away from my body, not wanting to wake him up but he stirred and i facepalmed myself.

"Que pasa, Dhianna?' He said in a raspy voice and boy if I am not overwhelmed by morning stillness I would say it's the hottest thing in the world.

I got up and facing Christopher and Zabdiel who have horror plastered on their faces.

"What are you doing, Dhianna? You can't sleep with a stranger."

I sighed, "We were just sleeping, Chris. Geez, stop screaming my head hurts."

"Okay but why are you sleeping ON him?" He asked.

I scratched my head in annoyance, "Gosh, Christopher, stop being too overprotective. Nothing happened. We were just sleeping. Gosh."

"Out.." Chris said, as he take Joel's hand. "..Zabdiel, can you send him home? I'll fix up your car and send it to your house."

Joel nodded, still overwhelmed by morning stillness. I watched him walked out of my house with Zabdiel by his side.

"Gosh, Dhianna, do you know how dangerous it is for you to be in your house with a stranger?" Chris asked as soon as Zabdiel and Joel are out of sight.

"Christopher..." I started, "Nothing happened between us. We were just watching movie and we fall asleep. I swear!"

He looked at me in disbelief, "Why was he with you at first place?"

"I told you his car's dead and he was waiting on my porch. I could send him home but it's 1:30 in the morning. We both are tired." I replied.

Chris let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He then, walked to me and sit next to me while pulling me into a hug.

"Don't scare me like that anymore. My baby girl can't grow up yet. I care about you a lot, okay?" He said, soothing my back.

I nodded, "I know, Chris, I know."

We both stayed like that for about 5 minutes and when the situation became awkward, we both pull away from each other and Chris got up to make breakfast.

"What do you feel like eating today, mi amor?" He asked.

I laughed at his remark, "..I don't feel like eating."

His face fall, "Oh, come on! You need to eat. Trust me. You look like a walking zombie."

I rolled my eyes, "I hope a beautiful walking zombie."

"No..." he started, "..a zombie with a monkey head."

I glared at him while throwing a pillow towards him. He just laughed it off.

"Do you mind if I call my housemates here? You seem alone." He asked before I could walk up the stairs.

"Maybe..." I said, "If they promise not to make a mess."

His face lit up like a Christmas tree. I smiled and walked up the stairs, towards my bedroom only to pass my parents' room. I open the door to their bedroom, and saw the bed was made just like before they were both found dead on it. Both smiling.

The cause of my parents death was because my dad had a heart attack and died 2 hours before my mum, who killed herself because she couldn't face the fact of seeing the love of her life dead beside her.

Maybe it was because the bed was the first time they were loving each other unconditionally and they want the bed to be the last time they breathe the same air together.

I shed the tears that was forming on my eyes and close the door to my parents' bedroom and walked towards my room, took a shower and walked back downstairs only to find Johann pounding on Richard and Yoandri was trying to tear both of them apart. Zabdiel was on the couch, ignoring whatever scene was in front of him, eyes glued to the tv screen.

"Dhiannaaa!" Johann exclaimed as soon he saw me.

I smiled at all of them and we all hang out at my house until it was 9 PM. Time flies so fast but I got to know all of them better.

While they were chatting about music and football, I decided to go the store to get me some snacks. None of the boys are interested in going so I went all by myself.

As soon as I arrived at walmart, I get all the things I wanted quickly and pay. Not wanting to drive too late in the night.

As soon as I paid for all my things and walking to my car, I felt a hand on my shoulder and my heart beats so fast. I turned around to see him as he smiled.

"Dhianna..."