Chapter 23

Joel Pimentel

I learnt from my mum that when two people are in love they'll always find ways and time to be with each other. Fill each other with euphoric experience, wonderful aftermath of their love.

Loving Dhianna was like that. There's hasn't been a day ever since we officialize things, that I ever stop loving her even for just a second.

Day by day, my love grows and it scares me sometimes that I'm putting myself in such a risky thing because that's what love is all about. But as risky as love can be, it can also be something so beautiful.

Dhianna is one of a kind and even though it had been two weeks since school week started and Dhianna had been full on busy with all her homework and studies.

We barely even got time to just sit down and look at each other. But, I know that this is as important to her as how important music and her are to me.

I woke up today with a heavy heart and I don't understand why. Even when I already had my breakfast, and write songs like I always do, there's this unsettled uneasiness in my heart.

The throbbing felt different and every time I tried to breathe, it felt weird.

Soon after that, I slept. To ease the pain away. Somehow, during sleeping I dreamt of Dhianna. No matter how much I try to disconnect Dhianna from my mind when I sleep, there's always here starring in my dreams with her beautiful smile and wonderful demeanor.

"Joel..." Dhianna called me in my dreams and she sounded different, she sounded scared.

"Dhianna, where are you baby?" I asked, calling after her.

Suddenly I heard a muted sobs and I instantly knew Dhianna is crying but I couldnt find her. She was nowhere to be seen and her cries suddenly got louder and it's tearing my heart apart.

My heart swelled at the thought of finding Dhianna crying but I really wanted to see what's bothering her but I couldn't find her.

"Joel...Joel..." She called after me again.

"Joel!"

I fluttered my eyes open and I was left breathless and sweating as I grasped my bed sheets. I looked around but there's no sign of someone or Dhianna calling after me.

I got up from my sleeping position into a sitting one and I stared into nothingness. What is happening?

The uneasiness in my heart had subsided but I'm still pretty much anxious about something.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed and when I looked at the once dark screen, it was Yoandri.

Yoyo: Joel.

Me: What's up, Yoyo?

Yoyo: it's Dhianna.

Dhianna? My mind quickly went to the weird dreams, the first weird dreams, I had about her.

Me: Why? What's up?

Yoyo: I don't know, she looked scared and she was crying just now. Her eyes are red and she was driving fast, she almost knocked me down. Something's might be bothering her.

Me: thanks for telling me, Yolandri.

Yoyo: gosh, at times like this Joel? You know, I'd do it myself, ask her what's wrong but you're her boyfriend, she's more comfortable opening up to you.

Me: Yeah :)

And as soon as locked my phone I sped up to see Dhianna.

The drive was pretty much easy because there's no traffic or even police so I sped up, my heart thumping in my chest, wondering what's happening to my girl. My almost whole world.

When I arrived at her house, there's this vibe that gives me feel that she doesn't want anyone to get inside the house but I don't care so I took the key to her house and open the door.

Chris was suddenly arriving at that time I was entering the house and he gave me a look.

"Aye, Joel, qué pasa?" He asked.

"I'm fine, while I don't think Dhianna is." I answered and we both sprint up the stairs to her room when we both heard a manly laugh coming from her room.

We quickly break down her door and the sight in front of me was too shocking, I could feel rage radiating from my body and my fist clenched.

Austin.