Chapter 20

"Dhianna? Dhianna?" I heard someone calling after me, from outside my parents' bedroom and I realized I slept on the floor the whole night and I'm still in my blue sundress from yesterday.

I quickly get up from the floor, to the door and when I opened it, I saw Chris suddenly head turned towards the opened door.

"...Hello, Dhianna. You didn't call me last night." He said, approaching me.

I laughed, "Are you here to check up on me?"

He nodded, "That, and I'm taking you out today."

I walked out of my parents' room and eased the door shut, "Where to, Chris?"

He followed me to my bedroom, "To have some fun. Come on, Dhianna. It's summer and you haven't been out for weeks. You look awfully pale right now."

I sighed, giving up. "Yeah, okay. Where are we going?"

He smiled, satisfied, "..first to the beach and then maybe bowling or movies. Anything you like."

"Who's coming?" I asked.

"I didn't ask anybody to come with us because it's our bonding day, but, do you wanna invite Joel over?" He said, holding up his phone.

"No..." I started, "But we should invite Mari too. I missed hanging out with her a lot."

"Okay."

I quickly get to my room and get ready. Once all my essentials are put in a bag, I get out of bedroom, to the stairs, only to witness horrible fights of hair pulling of Chris and Mariana.

I rolled my eyes at the scene. Such babies.

"Guys..." I started, "..Children, kids. Stop it. Let's go."

They sprang away from each other and smiled sheepishly at. Mariana with her hair messy from the fight, get up and walked out of the door.

I followed her and once I'm out of the door, it hits me that I didn't come out for weeks. The day was so beautiful. I'll make sure I'll seize the day.

I got inside the car and then we're off to the beach.

Suddenly, my phone rang and I looked at the caller ID and saw Joel's name.

Potato princess is calling....

I smiled and picked up the phone.

"Hello, my beautiful girl." He said once our calls connected.

I laughed and was shot a look by a driving Mariana.

"Hello, potato princess." I said.

He laughed too, "What are you doing?"

"I'm in the car..." I started, "Going to the beach with Mariana and Chris."

"Wow, sounds fun." He said.

"Wanna come?" I asked and Chris looked up at me through the mirror.

"No, I'll pass. It's my lazy day today so I don't feel like going anywhere." He said.

"Sure, I'll see you very soon, Joel?" I said.

He chuckled, "Very soon, bella."

And with that I ended the call and put my phone inside my bag.

"Joel's coming too?" Mariana finally asked, eyes glued to the road.

"No. He's quite lazy today." I answered.

Chris and Mariana just laughed it off.

A few minutes later, the beach was clear to our vision and it wasn't that packed, so it's cool.