Chapter 6

"There she is, where have you been, monkey head?" Chris asked as soon as he saw me approaching the ice rink.

"I hit someone's car. But the damage wasn't that bad. He even called me unqualified driver, what the hell?" I said, taking a seat next to Mariana as she handed me the skating blade.

"Rude much. So what happened? Did you guys settle it already?" She asked, smiling at Erick who was paying for whatever he's paying.

I shrugged, "I guess we're cool, he took my number though."

She smiled, "Woah, he's not very insisting isn't he? What's his name?"

"I think..it's.." I thought about it for a second, what's his name....OH, "I think it's Joel Pimentel."

Chris suddenly was next to me, "Say that again, what's his name?"

I gave him a look, "Why, his name is Joel Pimentel."

Suddenly, he looked at me, "He's one of my travelling friends back when I was in Mexico. Woah."

I stared at him wide eyed, "You mean that rude guy? He's your friend? I swear, you're friends with everyone."

He laughed, "He's not rude you know, but maybe he's sexually frustrated at how hot you look in those outfit, he need to tough it out, you feel?"

I rolled my eyes and smacked Chris on his head.

"Ow," He exclaimed, "I swear, he's such a good guy, it took me a month to figure him out, but really he's cool."
I laughed, "Yeah, right."

With that, I decided to go against the entrance to the ice rinks and stand there for what seems like a minute.

"JUST GO, MORON!" Mari said as she pushed me inside the rink and it surprises me how smooth I'm gliding on ice and not falling on my face.

After a few minutes without falling, I turned to Chris who was looking at, mouth wide open.

"Oh, sloth, I told you." I winked.

He rolled his eyes and smirk, "Bet you couldn't move, are you gonna stand there forever or...?"

I decided this was a challenge and not even a minute after that I was moving with ease up until I bumped into someone and fall on my knees, while that someone still stand unscathed.

I looked up, only to my horror, to find a confused looking Joel Pimentel standing over me.

"Oh, gosh, it's you again. Why do I have to bump into you again? You're like a walking nightmare." He said, frowning.

A few seconds after that, Zabdiel came and picked me up before Chris approached us, "Hey, bro, nice to see you again!" he said to Joel.

Joel smiled, and I swear when he smiled, it was the most genuine smile of all, it was beautiful. It was so different not the look he always gave me.

"Nice meeting you too, bro! That your friend?" He asked, his smile falls as he looked at me in what looked like disgust.

"Oh, yeah, she's my best friend, Dhianna." He took me away from Zabdiel's embrace and hugged me.

"Nice...look I gotta go. See you around, and you too, Dhianna." He said, gliding over, leaving me and Chris and also Zabdiel.

"Told you, he likes you." was the only thing Chris said.

I tried to wiggle out of his embrace but he was too strong,

"Aw, my girl is frustrated, come here." He said, before messing my hair and kissing my cheek.

I quickly wiped his kiss away and didn't even look at him. But to my dismay, he only laughed it out.

Chris bring me out of the rink and I who was still pretty much frustrated at how Joel is treating me, finally wanted to call it a night.

It feels weird, you know. Why do I care so much about how that guy is treating me? I don't know. Maybe because I always want people to have good first impression of me and now it's ruined.

I sighed, and searched for Mariana only to find her eating at the cafe with Erick and Zabdiel. I approached them.
"Hey, girly, how was your meeting with Mr Rude?" Mariana asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Look I'm going home, I'll see you guys at school tomorrow. Bye."

They all kissed me goodbye and as I was walking out of the rink, I was stopped by a hand grabbing my arms.

I turned around to see the last person I'd want to see forever. It's the obnoxious Joel Pimentel.

I let go of my hand from his grasp, harshly. He was taken aback my action.

"I'm sorry..um..Dhianna." He said.

I looked at him confused, as I furrowed my eyebrows, "I don't care a single bit about you, Mr Pimentel...and don't call me by first name basis because we don't know each other."

He looked over my shoulder before placing his gaze in my brown orbs, "I'm sorry for being a jerk, that was very rude of me. I was just frustrated about something. I'm sorry."

It even confuses me, so I walked away,
"You don't have to pay for my car, the damage is minimal by the way." He said, making me stop.

I, finally in a few seconds, smiled, "Great, that means I don't have to see you again. Goodbye, Mr Pimentel."

And by that I walked towards my car and drive home. When I was at a red light, my phone buzzed signalling I have a new messages.

Unknown: goodbye...but I'd like to see you again.

I rolled my eyes, it's Joel.

Me: No thanks, I'm fine.

And within a seconds the red lights turn green and I drive home in peace. No texts was sent after that.

After taking a shower, I finally set my alarm, charged my phone and call it a night.

****

A/N: DON'T FORGET TO SHARE, VOTE AND COMMENT

COME SAY HI;
TWITTER: @MIXYJOEL
INSTAGRAM: AZZANORZAINI