Chapter 34

I don't know for how long I've been sitting under the tree in the park, crying but when I listened to the cold wind of the night, giving me warning of how cold I'm gonna get, I realized it has been hours since Joel left.

I've been sitting on the cold ground of Hearts Park for so long I didn't realize my phone has been off for so long I don't even know when will it stop so I pulled it out, closing my eyes a bit to let out the tears that are blurring my vision and winced at how the light from my phone are burning my eyes.

I have 64 missed calls from Chris, Mariana and Zabdiel and also 5 texts from each of them. I opened the texts.

Mariana: Where are you, Dhianna?

Chris: Dhianna, seriously, where are you?

Zabdiel: baby girl, are you there?

Mariana: Geez, do I need to call the police now?

Mariana: DHIANNA ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE

I closed my eyes and locked my phone as I put it in my pocket again, unable to answer to all of them now. My hands are numb from the cold and I have been crying so much I had no control over it now.

It just flowed.

My thoughts soared to what happened during the day, today.

I finally met Joel.

Joel, who I am not afraid anymore to call the love of my life.

Joel who had a great impact on my life.

Joel who saved me from the demon lashing out of Austin.

My Joel.

But, I hurt him so much that I realized right now that he became somehow, heartless.

He's hurt, too much, Dhianna. He's not heartless.

I smiled at the replay of the times I had with Joel before everything happened. He was so gentle, and loving that I find myself falling for him too.

Gosh, I love him so much. It's not that hard to. There's just something about him that makes me crave his love so much yet I choose to hurt him.

I remember those days before Joel even appeared in my life. I was so empty, so lonely, so depressed that I couldn't find anything to make me happy.

Nothing.

My days are filled with sorrows and I would come home late because I want to avoid having to relive the memories of my dead parents. Everyday I would just stay in my room, moping, staring into thin air and I, sure at that time, felt so lonely that I'm convinced that I'll never have someone to love me more than how my parents and bestfriends loves me.

Up until I met Joel. And even that, he made me feel so worthless and I swear I hate him so much for telling me things I already know. I remembered when he called me a walking nightmare and that particular words haunt me for days.

But then, the day he comforted me in not feeling guilty of not wanting to socialise, I realized, he'd intrigued me in ways I don't even understand.