Chapter 32

Dhianna Gabriel

When I heard the front door of my house closing, I know that one of them had finally go home or wherever they're going and I let out a breath of relief.

No matter how much they're saying sorry, I'm still hurt for the fact that they lied to me about Joel being here.

It was not fair to me, because I want Joel to really be here so that I can apologize to him and change for the better.

You have no idea how much I cried every night and wish I could see Joel again and said sorry, maybe starting over again.

I walked out of my room, to find Mariana sitting in front of my door.

"Dhianna." She said, getting up.

"What?" I asked, cold.

"I wanna say I'm sorry. I'm sorry I lied. But partially it was.."

"Save it, Mariana. I'm really hungry right now, I might eat you so let me walk past and that'll not happen. Deal?" I said.

She half-smiled, unsatistified that she didn't get to finish her words. "Ugh, deal."

I walked downstairs and Chris was looking at me, no, staring at me, afraid to talk.

"I'm not gonna run, Chris." I said as I took a seat on the dining table.

He looked at me, guilty. "I'm sorry, D."

"You do know how much.." I started on whatever I was trying to say and stopped, realizing I was saying my hearts out. "Never mind."

"What is it, Dhianna?"

"You can't just lie like that, Chris. I told you guys many times, I'm okay." I said.

"Truth is yourself, Dhianna. You can deny it all you want but you love Joel and this is killing you." He said.

I looked at him for what seems like a lifetime.

Boy, do I love Joel?

"I'm going out, Chris." I suddenly said after minutes of silence.

"Wait." He said, "Where are you going?"

"To the park."

I ignored the calls of my name again and drive my car to the park near the mall. I needed to clear my mind up and staying in my house with people who thought I'm too affected by my mistake isn't doing any justice.

I parked my car and strolled at the park. It was pretty much vacant and I'm grateful for that. At least I don't have to deal with too many people.

I walked to all the places I could find peace in. The trees in front of the lake, the play ground and also the place where buskers usually sing to earn some money.

Not that I would ever complain. They all sound so good, they'll be selling records of songs at a time.

I smiled, and somehow being surrounded by people who sings to express their feelings calmed me down.

I walked farther inside the park and when I was walking back to where the buskers sing, I saw a guy sitting down on the bench, pulling out his guitar and I froze.

The world seem to be ticking off balance and I looked at the person wide eyed. I pinched my hand and look at the figure again.

He looked far too familiar.

I walked nearer to him, his scent hit me and I was still walking near him.

"..Joel?" I said.

He looked up and somehow he smiled, and I realized.

We're back at where we started.