[00]

CHAPTER ZERO
MOB WIVES

[NOVEMBER 19, 1981]

MANNY

Manny stares at her reflection in the mirror with a frown

"I look bloated." She comments, making the boutiques owner stare at her in panic. After all, if Manny was unsatisfied, it was his life that was on the line.

"You look stunning, dear. Absolutely stunning. Bloated where?" Is his panicked reply that makes her roll her eyes.

"Are you blind?" She snaps at him then, slapping his hands away when he tries to adjust the dress, "I looked bloated everywhere. I refuse to go to the family dinner looking like a blow fish. Someone take this thing off me, now."

One of the other workers in the shop rushes towards her then, to help her out of the dress. While the boutique's owner, Pierre fans himself nervously.

"Would you like to try another-" He tries to say, but Manny simply glares at him.

"No" She tells him sharply, stepping out of the dress with the help of the worker. The entire time she's putting her clothes back on, Pierre is a nervous wreck. His employees help him fan himself, glancing at the mafia wife nervously every so often. Finally, once Manny is dressed, she snatches her purse from one of the female worker before glaring at Pierre again.

"I'm disappointed, Pierre. If you can give Cat the most expensive, luxurious dresses then why not me?" She asks, because her main goal at the moment was to look better than Cat at this years family dinner. Pierre looks scandalized at the accusation.

"Ms. Manny, I assure you-" He scrambles for an excuse but Manny simply waves him off.

"If only I cared about your excuses, Pierre." Manny says making Pierre give her a desperate look. But she ignores it as she motions to her bodyguards, "Get rid of him."

And with that, she adjusts her purse and leaves. Pierre's loud screams is the last thing she hears before pushing the double doors to the boutique open. Almost immediately, an umbrella is placed over her head to fend off the morning sun. Manny ignores the looks she receives as she approaches the limousine parked by the sidewalk. Beside it, is her husband playing with their miniature poodle, Paris.

"How'd it go?" Jongin asks, glancing up at her with a small smile while Paris happily wags her tail beside him.

"Pierre basically spit in my face." Manny whines while one of the bodyguards pulls the car door open for her.