[17.3]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN-PART THREE
SAMMY THE BUTCHER

[FEBRUARY 12th, 1982]

JONGIN

"I'm being tortured."

Jongin snickers at the sight before him. After being discharged from the hospital, Manny had been restricted to bed rest. Of course she spent most of that time pouting and whining at having to spend all day at home. When usually, she spent her days running her boutique or shopping until she maxed out all of her credit cards. Now, she spent her days in her silk robes, drinking wine and forcing Jongin to watch sappy romance movies whenever he had free time.

But being Jongdae's right hand man didn't grant Jongin much free time, which meant that Manny had to find herself a new victim.

Which is why he smiles in amusement when Kyungsoo cringes as the lady doing his pedicure scrubs his foot a little bit too hard. Manny is sitting beside him, giggling as she holds a glass of wine with her free hand and allows the other nail tech to paint her nails a dark crimson with the other. Jongin is watching them both from the doorway of their master bedroom. With Manny pretty much restricted to their room, she practically forced Kyungsoo to stay there with her. When Jongin was off doing business for Jongdae, Kyungsoo was the one who had to watch sappy romance movies with her, listen to her rant about missing all of the good sales at the shopping boutiques, and go through a series of fashion magazines in under an hour.

"Is this really what I've gotten shot at and stabbed multiple times for the last five years for?" Kyungsoo grumbles, wincing at the nail tech's rough treatment, "Seriously, does the title of right hand man mean nothing these days? I should be trailing you, Jongin, not getting a fucking pedicure-"

Kyungsoo cringes once more when the woman starts to scrub his foot even harder.

"Okay, that's enough-" He tells the woman, shrinking back when she waves her scrubber threateningly at him, "What? You're trying to scrub me down to the bone-"

Jongin laughs loudly at the sight of the woman waving her scrubber threateningly at Kyungsoo once more, making him sigh and give in, allowing her to continue her rough pedicure.

"Oh, Kyungsoo." Manny says, grabbing the henchman's hand with a bright smile, "You should know by now that you're the only one out of those brutes my husband calls henchmen that I can tolerate. Besides, don't you enjoy spending quality time with me? If it makes you feel better, you can just consider yourself my right hand man, instead, since I already treat you better than Jongin does."

"You know, you're right. Jongin has to shout like ten times for the other henchmen to listen to him. But you just give them a look and they're tripping over their feet to get shit done." Kyungsoo tells her making Manny smile as she admires her fresh manicure in the light.