[17]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
NO DAYS OFF 

[FEBRUARY 10th, 1982]

SEHUN

Slowly and lazily, Oh Sehun drags himself into work. Apparently a gun shot wound only gave you so much time off. Really, it was his fellow henchmen that were hounding him to come back. Apparently, Chanyeol was in a really bad mood following the collapse of the hotel. And the other henchmen were afraid because he was taking his anger and frustrations out on them. They were so used to their boss being a reasonable, kind man. They didn't know how to deal with him when he wasn't.

"I don't want to deal with that crazy bastard either. Why are you guys calling me?" Sehun had told them when he had received four phone calls in one day.

It wasn't like he wanted to be around an angry Chanyeol either. He just recovered from a shot gun wound for crying out loud. Sehun wanted nothing more than to lie in bed and eat chips all day. But he knew that if he didn't come, someone was going to end up being killed. And though he wasn't particularly close to them, Sehun didn't really enjoy seeing a fellow henchman die.

Despite starting off as Baekhyun's right hand man, Sehun has been Chanyeol's main henchman for quite some time now. Once Baekhyun became a boss, Chanyeol was going to focus on helping Sehun become a middleman. Though Sehun wasn't really interested in the position, or any high up positions for that matter (they were way too much work), if you weren't moving up in the mafia, you were useless. And if you were useless, you were as good as dead.

And Sehun's not quite ready to die yet, not when they have that sale coming out in that Gucci store downtown next weekend. He thinks he can stick around for things like that.

What he isn't excited about is the building before him. Chanyeol's office is located in a rather prestigious building. It doesn't have any signs that indicate it's sitting there for anything. But if someone other than family came in, they claimed they were a tax company. You came in as a client, then walked out as a victim of robbery. It was the typical family business. Sehun is just happy he doesn't have to spend his days doing typical henchman things. Instead he can sit at a desk, and listen to Chanyeol rant about whatever has annoyed him for the day.

But things are different now, he realizes when he spots a police car riding by. They drive by much slower than necessary. Sehun doesn't miss the way they crack the window slightly or how they stare directly at his face as they do. They were most likely trying to identify him with a picture, so Sehun turns his back to them and heads inside.

The collapse of the hotel had changed things. Many were injured, but fortunately none had died. Though there were a lot of close calls with just how much rubble had swallowed everyone whole. Sehun remembered watching the news and hoping Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and the others were okay. Of course, he also hoped to see Jonghyuk's name on the list of fatalities. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.