[16]

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
SURVIVING III.

[JANUARY 3rd, 1982]

KYUNGSOO

Kyungsoo watches the elevator numbers decrease rapidly with anxious eyes. After Jonghyuk had dismissed the meeting, he had spotted a very distraught looking Jongin who had informed them that someone was stuck in the elevator. And to make matters worse, the roof was caving in, and soon the entire eighth floor's ceiling was going to cave in.

Needless to say, it wasn't the boring Friday Kyungsoo thought it was going to be. While Jongin himself stressed over the elevator, he had sent Kyungsoo on an equally important errand: to find Manny. Considering none of the wives showed up to the meeting, it was clear something was up. Now, it was only a matter of what, because it had been proven that with Jonghyuk, pretty much anything was possible.

The elevator dings for the first floor, and Kyungsoo snaps out of his daze to exit it. He had taken the elevators on the other side of the eighth floor to come down to the first floor, which led him to the very back of the first floor. This part of the hotel was pretty much bare, and the rooms were empty. Not a single henchman was in sight, or so Kyungsoo thought. He's just made it halfway down the hall when the sound of faint breathing catches his attention. Curiously, Kyungsoo traces it down to the room on his left. He hesitates, checking to make sure his gun is within quick access, before pushing the door open.

The first sight that greets his eyes is that of a dead henchman. The man was lying on his side, a gun shot evident in his chest. Straight to the heart, Kyungsoo notes with the shake of his head. He looks further around the room until he spots something that has him rushing over.

Huddled in the corner, with her knees tucked to her chest was a familiar figure. Her head was ducked, causing the stray hairs from her bun to obscure her face. But the expensive coat, and designer dress peaking from beneath it were all too familiar. It didn't help that the dress was covered in blood either.

"Manny?" He questions as he kneels in front of her. Her eyes are lidded and a hand is pressed to her side where the blood is most prominent. Kyungsoo knows that if he removes it, he isn't going to like what he sees.

"Kyungsoo?" She replies, barely above a whisper. She removes her hand from her side then, to reveal the bullet wound that tore through her dress. When she does so, a small spurt of blood oozes from the wound, making her wince, "It hurts."

"I know, don't worry. We're gonna get you to a hospital. Just hang on, okay?" He tells her, watching as she nods slowly. He lifts her up as gently as possible into his arms, trying his best not to disturb her injury.