Chapter 2

One week later...

"Charlie, wake up. Ugh, Wake up!" James, Jasper's son (101 Dalmatians), shook me awake as he spoke. I moaned and turned round, "What, James?" He sighed and handed me an outfit. "Get ready! The king and queen are coming today!" He told me before walking out, leaving me with a sparkly dress in my hands. It looked ugly, I'll have to admit, but I put it on quickly and added my black kid heels to the look, along with the usual cat ears and up-to-the-elbow gloves.

With a sigh and rubbing my eyes, I joined the queue for the bathroom, which now consisted of three people. "Who's been in there?" I asked Sophie. She turned round and replied, "Hailey. She's taking this entire visit thing way too seriously. Nice outfit by the way." I blushed, "Thanks." In the end, James came back up and unlocked the door from our side. "Hailey Hades, hurry the heck up before I drag you out of here!" He told her before leaving. Hailey "hmph!"ed at him, but left the bathroom quickly and locking herself in her own room. Finally! I thought as the queue moved and it was now my turn. All I did was brush my teeth and hair our, before letting the next person in.

Walking downstairs, I lined up with the rest of the kids that were ready in the hall. We went from youngest to oldest, so I was somewhere in the middle. Freya would be on my left as she's older, and George on my right. At least I wasn't near Hailey. Speaking of the devil, she walked down the stairs and placed herself in the line, trying her best to stay pin neat in the grubby house. We live in the most derelict building on the isle, and there's so much rubbish and mess around that it's impossible to tidy up sometimes.

I heard the back door open and close, and then Uma tell someone off. "Harry James Hook, if I have to tell you off once during the time we're here, you will regret it! You as well, Gil." She hissed before entering the hall. "Hey y'all! Who's excited to be adopted?" She smiled at the younger ones. Their faces lit up extremely at her words, and they all smiled and replied, "Me, me, me!" at her. I kept quiet and leant on the wall behind me, staring at the floor. "Hey, Charlie. You ok?" I heard Gil's voice say. I looked up and glared at him, "That is not my name, nor my nickname. It's either Charlotte or Char, got that?" He nodded and backed off, going to talk to the older ones. I hate Gil; he can be such a dumbass at times.

Uma, Harry and Gil left after a while so they didn't have to meet Mal and Ben, which is understandable if you know what happened the last time they met. (I haven't even seen Descendants 2 and yet I know mostly what happens!!!) Yzma started checking up, walking up and down the line and sorting out anyone who looked out of place or untidy. She stopped at me and looked down. "Take them off. Now," she ordered me. She meant my gloves. I sighed and took them off, putting them in her hands. "You can have these back after the visit, seeing as there's no chance of you being adopted." She hissed before sorting out Sasha, who couldn't get her hair bow straight.

~*~~*~~*~

I was growing impatient and Uma, Harry and Gil had gone back to the chip shop. They didn't have a good past with Mal, and it's understandable if you know what happened. We waited for a further half hour before there was a knock on the door.

Well, this is it. I thought to myself. Don't screw it up for the others!

Mal's POV

I was ecstatic to be adopting a villain kid today! Life on the Isle isn't fun if you're an orphan, so I wanted to change that and help one of them. The limo pulled up outside the Orphanage and I sighed. Its worse than I remember; the sign that used to say "Orphanage Of The Lost" was gone, and nearly all the windows were either shattered or had cardboard in them.

"Ready?" Ben asked me, snapping me from my thoughts. I turned to him and saw a smile on his face, secretly telling me it would be fine. "Yeah. Let's go." I replied. We got out and told the driver to collect us at seven tonight, before going to the front door. Anyone who passed us would give me a glare or confused look, and it was starting to get annoying. "Im not a zoo animal!" I muttered angrily to myself. Ben heard and chuckled, "Just leave it. You haven't been here in a while, they're just surprised to see you."

We reached the door and Ben knocked on it. The butterflies in my stomach were replaced with hatred for the woman who answered the door. "Welcome, your majesties! So very nice to see you on the Isle this fine day. Come in, come in. The children have made a special effort, just for you." Yzma smiled at us, using that fake voice I knew all too well. She moved out of the way so we could walk in, and I linked my hand with Ben's as we did.

In the hallway, there was a line of kids aged from 4-16, and I recognised only a few of the older ones. James was one of them, and he just looked away from me when I walked in. "Hello everyone. I am King Ben of Auradon, but you can all call me Ben. And I'm guessing you all know Mal, my girlfriend, Queen and former Villain Kid," Ben introduced us both, snapping me from my thoughts. I smiled at them all and waved at the littler ones, who waved back. James and Heather (Horace's daughter. 101 Dalmatians) sighed and rolled their eyes at me. Brushing it aside, I continued on what Ben had said, "We will be spending the day with you all, and then one of you will come home with us at seven tonight."

I froze as I spoke. How could I forget!? The under 13's aren't allowed out the house! James seemed to notice my actions as he spoke up. "The under 13's usually stick to themselves or play with the craft and toy boxes in the kitchen. I'll get them for you." He told us before going with Heather to get the boxes. I felt a tug on my dress and looked down to see a small girl. "Hello, I'm Hannah. What's it like living in the castle? Mummy doesn't live in one anymore, so I was wondering." She smiled at me as we al walked into the kitchen. Her mum? Oh, queen of hearts! "It's not that bad. I still get lost sometimes, so that fun as I can find new rooms that even Ben himself doesn't know about!" I replied as we sat down at the table.

Ben sat on my left and she jumped onto my lap. Jane's and Heather put the boxes on the table before leaving to visit their dads. "So, who's who?" Ben smiled as he helped a younger boy reach the glue. The oldest boy looked up and replied, "I'm Lukas Scar. That's Hailey Hades, Sophie Stabbington, Freya Frollo, Charlotte Cheshire, George Gothel, Rachel Ratcliffe, Hannah Hearts, and Sarah and Sasha Smee." He told us, pointing at them all as he went. Everyone waved, except Charlotte. "Wait, did you say Charlotte Cheshire?" I asked. Lukas and her both nodded and I gasped smally. "Ok, just wondering." I know this girl. I know what's happened to her father, and why she's here. "Ben, can I talk to you fir a minute?" I asked him, setting Hannah on the chair and turning to him. He nodded and we walked into the now empty hall.

"I know what happened to Charlitte and why she's here. She didn't deserve it, and it's my fault. I think we should adopt her." I told him, fighting tears. "I had never meant for it to happen, it was ages ago and I didn't know what I was doing. It's the only way I can make it up to her."

Hello! So I saw that I have three views on the character fact file, and I'm super happy! Then again, it could just be me and I don't know about it. But its still making me happy that you guys are reading! I hope you liked this chapter, and I'll cya in the next one. Bai!

X Caitlin X