Chapter 21

(I really don't wanna write this next bit, but I will coz I'm nice.)

Kono's POV

I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Charlotte walking over. "You came!" I smiled, standing up and walking over so she didn't have to get near the water. She smiled and replied, "I did promise you. So, how have you been?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Fine. Although it was really bugging me that I hadn't seen you in ages. Nice outfit by the way." I told her. She blushed and we started walking away from the lake. "Thanks. And I'm sorry I haven't seen you in ages. I guess I just forgot. But I also had other plans, not that they worked." She said, turning away from me. I knew exactly what she was on about, but decided not to ask about it. Besides, if she was born a VK, she's going to want to stay on the Isle, right?

We walked around the castle gardens for a bit, and I felt out hands brush each other, making her blush again. Smiling, I linked our hands as we walked, swinging them slightly. Aiyana had made me do all this 'first date' training stuff, even though it wasn't really a date, so I knew what to talk about and things like that. "So, what's your favourite thing to do?" I asked, trying to learn more about her and make conversation. We ended up near a bench that was dedicated to the former Queen's mother, and we sat down as we talked. "Well, I like singing a lot. But I also like hanging out with Jaz and Winnie. What about you?" She replied. Winnie? Oh, Pooh's daughter. I know her. "Well, I like to practise my shooting skills a lot, but I also like causing trouble in the village with my brothers," I told her. We started getting into a conversation about what we liked and disliked, and by the end of it, I had learnt so much about Charlotte that I don't even think Ben and Mal knew.

"So, you can go to wonderland whenever you want when you become twelve, and you were part of Uma's pirate crew? Wow." I asked, trying to get my head around it. She nodded and we both chuckled, enjoying each others company. But that was ruined when Charlotte's phone went off. "Oh, Jaz says my parents are getting suspicious. I have to go. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow?" She told/asked me. I nodded and walked her back to the castle doors. "Night Charlotte." I smiled. She hugged me and replied, "Goodnight, Kono. See you tomorrow." Then she went indoors, leaving me feeling warm and fuzzy that she had hugged me. Wait, does that mean I love her? No, we're just friends. Besides, she would never love a guy like me. Sighing, I headed back to the village, thinking about the hour we had spent together as I did. (Okie, I wrote it. Hope you liked it, even if it was short.)

Charlotte's POV

I took my shoes off and ran back to my room in my socks, making sure I didn't bump into anyone or get myself caught. When I got to the hallway that my room was in, I stopped at the corner as I saw Mum and Dad whispering to each other, right in front of my door. Oh whiskers, how am I meant to get to my room now!? I watched them and waited for them to leave. "Ben, she's fine. Let's just go to bed. It's one in the morning for god's sake!" Mum told him. He sighed and replied, "Ok then. Come on." They walked away, and I waited until I heard their door shut before running as fast as I could back to my room.

"Where were you!? You took forever!" Jaz exclaimed quietly when she saw me. I fell onto my bed and replied, "Sorry, I lost track of time. Then I had to wait for my parents to go to bed because they were right outside my door." She nodded her head and slung a set of my pyjamas at me. "Go get changed, lover girl. Tell me everything in the morning, ok?" She told me. I nodded and went to the bathroom to change. After that, I helped Jaz make a massive pillow bed on the floor, using my magic to make the pillows bigger and plumper, before switching the lights off and falling asleep. All night, I dreamt of both Wonderland and Kono. 

~*~~*~~*~

It was ten in the morning when I woke up, and I saw that Jaz was still in bed too. "Jazelle, wake up! ugh, Jaz, it's ten in the morning, get up!" I exclaimed, throwing a pillow in her face. She shot up quickly and glared at me before throwing it back. "Five more minutes, C. I'm tired!" She whined, covering her head with her quilt. I laughed and replied, "Then you should've gone to bed when I left last night, rather than waiting for me to get back." She groaned in annoyance as I opened the curtains, making me laugh again. "I'm going to have a shower. See you in a bit. And you should at least be up when I'm back, or I'll throw cold water over you." I joked, walking into the bathroom and turning the shower on. I also put a bucket under the bath taps and filled it with cold water, proving to myself that I wasn't kidding. When that was done, I put it to the side and hopped into the shower