Chapter 8

We walk together until we come up to a school. It's the one I saw on dad's phone, Auradon Prep, and it's HUGE! Not as big as the castle, but pretty big. "Woah, this place is massive! How old do you have to be to start here?" I asked them as we walked down a hall. One of the lockers had spraypaint on, and I recognised the tag immediately. "Omg, Mum! You were a vandalizer when you were younger?? I used to go around with Uma and the gang putting Cheshire smiles everywhere!" I told her excitedly. She faced the locker and gasped, "Why haven't they taken that off, Ben?" Dad chuckled and replied, "Because it was a really good piece of art, and that locker is fought over by kids when they start. The locker is currently reserved for a certain someone, but they won't be at the school for another five years, so Alanna- you know, Anna and Kristoff's daughter? -has the locker until then." 

I zoned out as we walked and went back to playing Hop. It's really addictive, but cause I was walking, I didn't get a higher score than 92. We reached a hall, and Dad told me to put my phone away. Putting it in my bag, Mum and Dad grabbed a hand each as the doors to the Hall opened. There were flashes of light, and lots of loud noise too, going on and I got scared. "Dad," I muttered. He realized quickly and picked me up. I covered my ears and buried my head in his neck, trying to block out the noise. Dad stopped walking and he sat me down on a chair at the front. "King Ben, who is the child?" "Is she the one you adopted?" "What's the matter with her?" Are only a few of the questions I heard the reporters ask. I just sat on the chair with my hands over my ears and my head on my knees.

After a few more minutes, Mum came over to me and hugged me, while Dad started talking. "Can you all quieten down, please? Our daughter is afraid of loud noises, so you're all scaring her right now!" He exclaimed. The hall fell silent and everyone's eyes fell on me. I gave them a small wave and then stood up with Mum. We walked back over to dad, causing a few flashes to go off and blind me. "Who are you, sweets?" A woman asked, shoving a microphone in my face.

Goodness sakes, it's like they've never seen a child before! I turned away from the mic and looked up at dad pleadingly. He nodded and picked me up again before introducing me to 'the public' as I had heard it be called, "Everyone, this is Charlotte. Charlotte is the daughter of the Cheshire Cat and had lived in the Orphanage Of The Lost since she was a baby. If you have any questions to ask her, please don't a bush and shout at her. When you can, ask her quietly and without scaring her. Now, should this meet 'n' greet begin?" Everyone muttered a yes, but I could feel four sets of eyes glaring at me. Oh, god, please tell me I've got it wrong!

Ally's POV

When King Ben announced who his adoptive daughter was, my anger increased. He had picked a double-crossing spy's kid to be his daughter!? "Ally, did he just say what I think he just said?" Maddie asked. I nodded and stomped my foot on the ground in anger. Blake walked up behind me and muttered in my ear, "Sure you want to stay?" He's younger than me, but he's way more mature. "Yeah, I want to meet this Charlotte Cheshire. Let's test her limits and see how alike the two are." I replied with a smirk as the four of us glared at her.

There is no way that I am letting a Villain Kid be the next queen of Auradon. Mal was one mistake, let's not make it two.

Charlotte got down from the king's arms and sat on one of the chairs at the back while the meet 'n' greet went on, answering questions from various reporters. "This will be our only chance. Maddie, you look the most adult, so you can act as a reporter. I'll be the one to write things down, and Blake and Will, you two make sure that the king or queen don't catch us. Got it?" I told them. The three nodded and we split up to get into action. The reporters around her had gone by now, so we had her all to ourselves. Maddie walked up to her and smiled, "Hi, I'm Madeline. I was just wondering if I could ask a few questions?" I sat next to them and got out my notebook and pencil from my pocket. "Uh, sure. Fire away, I guess." Cheshire replied. She sounded sweet and innocent, but I knew better than to trust a VK.