Chapter 14

"Charlotte, we're going to be late!" The white rabbit called as I pulled on my shoes. "Coming, Uncle Rabbit!" I replied, grabbing my jumper and sliding down the bannister. Rabbit sighed at me and rolled his eyes, "Don't do that! Now come on, otherwise, the Queen will have our heads!" I giggled and replied, "Wrong Queen, uncle. The Queen Of Hearts is stuck in prison, remember?" He nodded quickly before dragging me out the house and locking the doors. Then he started running - or hopping quickly - towards the White Castle. "Hey, wait for me!" I squealed excitedly as I ran after him.

As we ran to the Castle, I saw the Mad Hatter and Dad sat at a table, having a tea party. "Come on, guys! The queen wants us, remember!?" I called at them as we went past. They both looked over at me, before joining us on our journey to the Castle. The Mad Hatter picked me up as I started to slow down, and I crawled onto his back as we ran. Bayard soon joined us, along with his family. "What does the Queen want us all for, Charlotte?" Bayard asked as we reached the bridge to the Castle. Everyone stopped running and I got down from the Hatter's back as I replied, "I don't know Bayard. But I think it has something to do with that Alice girl everyone talks about. We'll find out now anyway. Oh, I'm so excited to finally be meeting the Queen!" Dad appeared next to me, and he took my hand as we walked. "Now, I want you to be a good girl in front of the Queen. She's a very important person. Got that?" He asked, his usual smile growing bigger. I nodded, "Yeas, Dad. I promise." before we walked through the huge doors of the Castle.

Inside, we saw the White Queen talking with a girl that looked as old as Hatter. She had long, golden hair that was all curly, and wore a blue dress with black shoes. Alice Kingsley. "Ah, thank you for coming everyone, especially you, Charlotte." The Queen smiled when she saw us. I smiled and gave her a quick curtsey before she spoke again. "Now, you all know Alice. But she has brought someone else with her today." Alice came over and smiled as she revealed a small girl around my age. "Everyone, this is Ally. Ally is my daughter, and I wanted her to b able to visit Wonderland like I have, seeing as this is my last time here." She told us, letting go of the girl's hand. I heard Hatter and what sounded like Mallymkum the dormouse gasp. "You can't leave us!" Her voice came, assuring me it was her. Alice looked up to see her on Bayard's head and sighed. "I'm sorry, Mally. But I have to go. My husband thinks's I've gone mad with the number of times I've left the house and he's found me by a tree or with my head down a rabbit hole. I really am sorry." Mally huffed and turned away from her. "Mally, don't be so mean to Alice! At least Ally will still be able to come to Wonderland, right Alice?" I told the mouse, turning to Alice and looking up hopefully.

Alice looked startled by me, but nodded and replied, "Yes, Ally will be able to come to Wonderland. And sorry to sound rude, but, who are you?" I giggled and answered, "Charlotte Cheshire, daughter of the Cheshire Cat. I'm the only child here in Wonderland, apart from now Ally." The two girls nodded and the Queen spoke up. "Well, if Ally would like to stay for a while, I'm sure you could all show her around and teach her a few things about Wonderland. Alice, I'm sure you have to be getting back, but it was wonderlandifull to see you again!" She told us. Alice nodded and gave everyone hugs before leaving with the Queen, Ally staying with us. "So, where can we go first?" She smiled, her hair bouncing on her shoulders. Hatter suggested that we all go to his for tea, o which everyone agreed. We started to head off, but Ally held me back for a moment. "Listen, Charlotte. I don't mean to sound rude...but this is my world. Wonderland belongs to me, so don't even try and cross me. Got that?" She told me before pushing past me and joining the others. I stumbled and fell to the floor, but looked back up to watch my family walk away with Ally, not noticing that I wasn't there.

Is Wonderland really hers?

I woke up and fell off my bed. "Ouch!" I muttered into the darkness. What a dream! Standing up, I looked at the time on my phone and saw it was only 6:35 am. Ok, not too early, but not the time I wanted to wake up. I sighed and walked sleepily into the bathroom to have a bath. My head was spinning and I felt really weird, so maybe that would help.