Chapter 51

Charlotte's POV

I was ready to scream at Kono so much, but what happened next was beyond me. "Bayard, no!" I screamed as Bayard and his kids attacked Kono. He fell to the floor as the animals jumped on him and growled. "Stop it!!" I screamed, pulling on one of Bayard children. I pulled them away and scolded them, saying to stay there or I'll skin them alive. They sat there obediently as I did the same with the other two teenage dogs. When Bayard saw what I was doing, he stopped.

When all four canines were away from him, I helped Kono up. "Are you alright!? I'm so sorry about them!" I rushed to tell him. She stood up and hugged me, "It's ok. I'm sorry." I hugged him back, feeling safe in his arms. Bayard's youngest pup, Bailee, barked at us and asked, "Are we going to the castle or not?" I nodded at her and we soon set off towards the castle.

???'s POV

"I'm going to get that brat, even if it's the last thing I do!" I screamed as I threw the spyglass at my son. He caught it quickly and sighed, "Mother, she's not doing any harm. She's trying to get back and defeat Morgana." Anger rising in me, I turned and glared at him. "What was that?"
"Nothing, your majesty. I'm sorry."
"Good. Come on, Ryan, we've got a goddaughter to visit."
"Yes, Mother."

Just wait until Morgana hears you're here, Charlotte. You're gonna wish you'd never messed with the Queen of Hearts eight years ago.

~*~~*~~*~

Charlotte's POV

We had been walking for a while now, and everyone was hungry and ready to give up. That's when I got an idea. "Deer!" I exclaimed. Bayard knew what I meant and nodded, but Kono was confused. "Deer? What's deer for?" He asked. I laughed and ruffled his hair before looking for a fallen tree. "Kitten? Hey, Kitten?" Kono called. Soon, I found a fallen tree and quickly remembered a spell.

"Fallen tree, once strong and tall, give me a bow and arrows that survive it all."

The tree trunk was covered in purple and pink streams of light before a bow floated in the air. I took it quickly and then a leather shoulder bag with arrows in it appeared. Taking that too, I walked back to the group, who were waiting patiently. "Ok, let's find some wonder deer." I smiled. Bayard nodded and started searching with Bailee, Brandon and Bayard Jr for any deer.

Kono seemed extemely confused as he followed me, but managed to keep quiet as I searched for any deer. "There," I breathed, aiming my bow in the direction I was looking. There, with the usual red and yellow coat, stood a wonderland deer. "Ready," I put my arrow in and pulled on the bows string. "Aim," I aimed directly at the deer's heart. "Fire." I arrow went whistling through the air and shot into the deer's heart, making it fall to the ground and die. Of course I felt awful for doing that, but we had to.

Walking over to the deer, I took my arrow out and started tieing the deer up. "Did you really just do that?" Kono asked, picking up the lifeless deer when I was done.  "Yep. Let's go back to the others." I replied casually. He nodded and we made our way back to where the four dogs were waiting. "I can't believe you've done this." Bayard Jr stated. I shrugged and cast a quick spell that seperated and cooked the meat. "Eat up." I smiled, taking a bit and biting into it.

Once everyone finished,  there was around half a deer left. So, me being the smart one, I mast a spell to cover it up and out the boneless remains in my bag for later.  "So, which way now?" Kono asked happily.  He seemed to enjoy the deer a lot. "What now?" I retorically asked (not sure on spelling, sorry) him. He nodded and I facepalmed. "Now we keep going till me make it to the white castle!" He made an 'oh' face and I rolled my eyes before slinging my bag onto my back and looking at Bayard. "You don't have to come with us anymore. I can handle Kono and we can be there by sunrise at the best." I told him.

Bailee whined, "Dad, please let us stay? Kitten is amazing! So is Kono!" I laughed and she jumped on me in a hug,  which I gladly returned. "Your Mother will be fretting over us. Sorry, Bails." Bayard answered. She whined again but her brothers managed to drag her off while I said goodbye to Bayard. "It was nice to see you again, Charlotte. Be safe, and keep away from the red paths." He smiled. I nodded and hugged him as well. "Goodbye, kitten." With that, the family of four started running off towards wherever they live.

"Awwhh, wonderland bonds are so cute!" Kono teased. Laughing, I smiled at him and we started walking. "Sorry about them earlier. I don't know what got into them..." I apologized. Well that was the biggest lie I've said all day. He smiled and replied, "It's fine; they were just protecting you I guess." Nodding, I looked away from him and kept eyes on the path. I don't want to wonder onto a red path; not at all.

Kono's POV

She's hiding something. I can tell. Why would she hide something from me? What did I do wrong? Ok, don't answer that.

We walked for a while before the path forked into three.  Two were red paths and one was white. "Which-" I started before Charlotte cut me off. "White. Don't go on the red paths." I nodded and we went straight down the middle.  But then something strange happened. The path...glitched? It changed to red for two seconds and then back to white. Is that normal for wonderland? Probably.

998 WORDS. Okie, it wasn't the goal is promised, but hey. Be happy ingot this out; I've got school and homework and a job and loads of other sit to deal with. And yes, I do know that being 13 and having a job is weird, but my family is broke and needs it.  Plus my bitch ass twin does nothing to help so I work double half the time.

Okie, enough ranting. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll cya in the next one! Bai!
X Caitlin X