Chapter 30

Charlotte's POV

Come back, Charlotte. You don't need them. If Ben keeps arguing with you, just forget it and come back. Come to wonderland. COME HOME.

No! I'm not going to Wonderland without Hannah! Just go away!

You don't mean that. Soon, you'll have no choice but to come here. We'll drive you crazy, and they'll send you to the only place where you can control it.

NO, SHUT UP! Shut up, shut up, shut up!

I leant against one of the walls and slid down it, covering my ears. Tears formed in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall. Block it out. Just think about something else and block it out! I thought as I heard them trying to speak again. I could hear footsteps to my left, so I hugged my knees and hoped to god I would be hidden enough behind this coat of armour.

COME HOME. JUST COME HOME. YOU DON'T BELONG IN AURADON. OR THE ISLE. WONDERLAND IS YOUR HOME.

"Leave me alone!" I exclaimed, tears now streaming down my face. Crap. I looked up and saw Mum and Dude in front of me, looking worried. "Charlotte, Charlotte look at me. Block it out. Just keep looking at me and block it out." Mum told me, taking my hands. I looked straight into her eyes and I saw them glow green, meaning my eyes were glowing purple. Dude crawled into my lap and nuzzled his head into my neck to distract me from the voices that were yelling in my head. I slowly breathed out and nodded as I quietly muttered, "They're gone." Mum sighed and pulled me into a hug, to which I didn't try and get out of. "Hey, where's my hug?" Dude asked as I pulled away. I giggled and hugged him too, earning a lick from him. "Come on, you two. Everyone is waiting in the entrance hall for us." Mum smiled, holding her hand out to me. I took it and we walked back to the others. This is when I noticed she had blue hair and skin. "You look like a smurf, Mum!" I laughed. She laughed as well as we entered the hall.

Dude ran over to Carlos- who happened to be dressed as Frankenstein! -and jumped into his arms. Daniel walked over to me and gave me a hug, which made me hit him lightly with my bat. "Get off, you softie!" I teased him. He was literally a softie tonight, being dressed as a prince. "Aren't you already royal?" I asked him as we all walked to the party. My heels kept clapping down on the floor and making horse noises, which made Carla and Jake laugh. "Not exactly. Gran may have been a queen once, but she isn't anymore, so Mum was never royal. And dad isn't royal at all, we both know that." Daniel replied, I nodded and got some chewing gum out from my purse.  "Do your parents know you have that?" He asked me. I shook my head as I started chewing and out my finger to my lips, handing him some. If I'm going to be Harley, I might as well act like her. 

When we got to the school, my phone buzzed and I saw it was Gabbie. "We're @ the dorm blocks! Hurry plz!" It said. I quickly replied with an ok before I parted from the group and ran in that direction. Luckily, Daniel was covering me whilst I was gone, so I didn't have to worry about being caught. "Kitten, over here!" I heard Gabbie's voice call from the dorms. I ran over and made an orb of light so we could see properly. It was quite dark out here, so it helped a lot. "Woah, you guys look amazing! Ok, who needs what? Kono, I'll sort your hair out. James, you need to whiten your hair more. Jaz, blue hair and Gabbie, purple. Ok, come here then!" I told them. I made Kono's hair longer and used a few lasting spells to dye the girl's hair and style it correctly. "Oh, eye colours! Gabbie, you need green. Jaz, you're good. James, you're ok as well and Kono, you're fine too. Gabbie, come here!" I ordered when I realized Gabbie had brown eyes. "Beware, foreswear, make your eyes as green as you dare," I muttered, flicking my hand. Gabbie's once brown eyes changed to a beautiful green and I smiled at her. "Ok, we're ready! Let's blow this popsicle stand," Gabbie smirked, taking Mum's phrase. I walked away first, with the girls on my left and the boys on my right. God, I look like the leader of this lot! Well, I am the most villainous one here.

~*~~*~~*~

Halfway through the party, I think I had the biggest sugar rush known to man! I had eaten at least 500 sweets and was currently dancing with Jaz and Gabbie like we were crazy. It was ten at night, so we should really be in bed. But because we were here, at the party, we got to stay up late. "Charlotte, come here please!" I heard Dad say through the dancing crowd. Jaz and Gabbie helped me and I went to where dad was stood with Mum, who was eating strawberries galore. "Yeah, Dad?" I asked, smiling. He picked me up and then exclaimed in shock, "How much sugar have you had?!"     "Only like 500 sweets. Not to mention the 60 chocolate bars Carlos gave me and the lemonade that Daniel kept providing. Why?" I replied, putting another sweet in my mouth. Mum gasped and then took my bag filled with sweets. "hey, those are mine!" I whined, trying to grab them back. "No, calm down first. In the meantime, we were wondering if you wanted to sing for everyone? Your vocal skills are famous in Auradon, and everyone wants to hear it in person." Mum told me. I squealed excitedly and replied, "Sure, I'll perform!" Dad kept me in his arms as I picked a song to sing, so Jaz and Gabbie went with the boys to play outside with the others. 

After a while, I finally thought of a song to do. "Ok, I'm ready," I told Dad. He nodded and went over to where the DJ was and asked for a mic. "Ok, everyone. Now we all know about Charlotte's singing skills," Dad started, earning a loud cheer from the crowd that made me blush. "And as a Halloween treat, we've asked for her to perform for you all." The crowd cheered again and I blushed harder if that was even possible. Dad gave me the mic and I saw Jaz and Gabbie give me thumbs up signs from where they were stood. I smiled and told the DJ the song to play, and then heard it coming out the speakers. Here goes nothing!

"Boys and girls of every age

Wouldn't you like to see something strange?Come with us and you will see
This, our town of HalloweenThis is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of nightThis is Halloween, everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbours gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of HalloweenI am the one hiding under your bed
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing redI am the one hiding under your stairs
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hairThis is Halloween, this is HalloweenHalloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
In this town, we call home
Everyone hail to the pumpkin songIn this town, don't we love it now?
Everybody's waiting for the next surpriseI am the clown with the tear-away faceHere in a flash and gone without a traceI am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
I am the wind blowing through your hairI am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with frightTender lumplings everywhere
Life's no fun without a good scareThat's our job, but we're not mean
In our town of HalloweenIn this townDon't we love it now?In this town, we call homeEveryone hail to the pumpkin songLa la la la la la la la la la (Halloween! Halloween!)
La la la la la la la la la la (Halloween! Halloween!)"

When I finished, everyone started cheering and I felt a Cheshire grin on my face. Taking a dramatic bow, I handed the mic back to the DJ and ran over to my friends. "That was amazing, C!" Jaz smiled at me as we walked out into the fresh air. "I can't believe you're not famous yet!" Gabbie joined in as we joined the boys. "Hey, guys. How's everything for you?" I asked, still beaming. "Nevermind us! We just saw the freaking Cheshire Cat running around the school! I think he's here for you!" James told me is a hushed yell. I gasped and looked around, using my cat eyes to see better. Sure enough, hidden in the trees I could see the eyes and smile of my father. "No," I muttered before running back inside.

He can't be back. I'm not going with him, and there's no way he can make me. If he is here for me and he wants me, then he would've kept me eight and a half years ago. I've moved on now, and he needs to as well.

Cheshire's POV

She saw me. Perfect!

What do you think will happen? let me know in the comments! Cya in the next chapter, bai!
X Caitlin X