Chapter 47

"Why did you do that!? How did you do that!?" I yelled at Kono as I stood up. What tue bloody hell had he done now!? Why am I in Wonderland!? Kono moved away from me quickly, tripping on a rose bush. "Excuse me!" A rose said, offended. I looked up and glared at her, "Shut your mouth, flower." She gasped and then looked closer at me. "Yes, Charlotte. Sorry, Charlotte." She quickly muttered before turning away. All the other flowers gasped at my name and I groaned as I walked over tk my bag and picked everything up. Kono joined me and I ignored him. "Please, kitten. I didn't mean to do anything!" He begged. I stood up quickly and scowled at him. "You bloody touched my pocket watch and made a portal to Wonderland!"

"I didn't know it would do that!"

"It's a wonderland artefact! Course it was going to be a portal here!"

"Please forgive me, kitten." He grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Groaning, I rested my forehead on his chest and muttered, "I forgive you. Now, come on. It's a long way to the Hatters from here." He smiled and took my bag from me. "Alright, you bunch if weeds. Which way is north-east of here?" I exclaimed to the flowers. A path emerged and I dragged Kono down it until we left the flower gardens. We were oddly small in Wonderland. "Mushrooms!" I muttered as I saw two next to each other. "Ok, left is bigger, right is smaller. Or is ot the other way around? No, no, definitely left!" I muttered to myself before lucking the left mushroom. Kono looked at me like I was crazy, but then did the same when I grew back to normal size. He grew next to me and I smiled before we both walked off in the direction of the Mad Hatters house. Please be there, I don't want to have to go Cheshire's! I thought as I linked my hand with my boyfriends. 

We walked for a while, and it was starting to get dark. Of course, the days are during the night back in Auradon. "How much further?" Kono complained. I sighed and pulled him into a bunch of trees that formed as a shelter. "Stay here. There's a torch in my bag I think. I'll be back in a second." I told him before turning into my cat form and walking off to fi d some old twigs and branches. I found a good load and changed back before picking them up in my arms. As I walked back, I made my cat ears and tail row so that I could hear of anyone was following me. The tail just comes with it. Luckily, no one we around and Kono had found the torch when I reached him. "What are they for?" He asked when he saw the wood in my hand. I out it down in the middle of the small clearing and then facepalmed. "For a native American, you don't catch on." I took the bag and searched in there for my spell book. When I found it, I flicked tk the page on how to make a fire. "Beware, foreswear, give us light and heat from thin air," I muttered, flicking my had and pointing it at the pile of wood. A flame appeared and I smiled before putting the book away.

"This is why I love you." I heard Kono say behind me. I blushed as he wrapped his arms around me, and for a second I had hope. Hope that we might make it out of here alive. Hope that at the end of this, we can be happy. But that hope was gone within a second when my cat ears twitched and I heard someone walking through the forest.  Pulling away from Kono, I pulled my dagger out of my boot and turned to Kono. "Stay here." I mouthed before kissing him and walking off in the direction of the sound. As I edged closer, the walking got louder, until I didn't need my cat ears to hear it. "Come on, Mallymkun, Hatters waiting for us." I recognised that voice and name anywhere. It was the March Hare and Mallymkun the Dormouse! I jumped out from the shadows, right in front of them. "March, Mally!" I exclaimed happily before hugging the two. Mally was hesitant at first, but then recognised means hugged back. March was less quick and pulled away. "Who are you?" He asked. Mally sighed and looked at him, "For the love of Alice, March Hare, it's Charlotte Cheshire!" March's eyes widened and then he smiled and hugged me happily. 

After a long hug from the both of the, I pulled away and asked, "Ar you two going to Hatters?" They both nodded and I squealed happily. "Great, let me grab my boyfriend and bag and can we maybe come with you? I don't fancy sleeping on the ground tonight." They nodded and we all ran back to where Kono was sat by the fire. To my astonishment, he was crying! "Kono!" I gasped, rushing over and hugging him. He looked up and pulled me close to him. "Do t ever scare me like that again!" He muttered in my ear. I nodded and then pulled him up. "March Hare, Mallymkun, this is Kono. My boyfriend." I smiled at them. Mally pulled out her sword and walked over to him, making him freeze. "How lo g have you known her? And how long have you been dating?" She asked him, putting the sword to his neck. I facepalmed and March held in a laugh. Kono just gripped my hand as he replied, "I've known her since we were seven and I've been dating her for almost ten months." Is it really two mo the till my birthday? Wow, that's a surprise. I forgot he asked me out on my birthday as my birthday present. 

Mallymkun nodded and dropped her sword, putting it back in its holder. "Ok, let's go!" March smiled, stamping out the fire with his foot. (all the animals can change to humans now) Kono picked up my bag, and the four of us walked off towards Mad Hatters house. All the way, Kono held onto my hand, his vision not suited for the darkness of Wonderland nights. When we reached Hatters house, the both of us were shattered and ready to fall asleep at that moment. "C-Charlotte? Is it..is it really you?" The voice of the mad hatter asked. I nodded and he engulfed me in a hug. "Oh, it's so good to see you! You're so grown up! And tired. Come on, let's get you and this young man to bed." This is why I love Hatter so much; he's like the Wonderland father I never had. Crazy but caring. Kono and I were led up to the guest bedroom, and I cast a quick spell I fill the wardrobe with clothes for the both of us. Making him cha Ge in the bathroom, I got changed into a tank top and shorts and slipped into the double bed, sleeping as close to the wall as I could and falling asleep.

Hey! Hope this was ok, I have big plans for what happens next. Another shout out to @BrianiDesroches helping me with my writers block and making the rest if this book possible! Ok, cya in the next chapter. Bai!

X Caitlin X