Chapter 19

Kono's POV (you didn't think I forgot about him, did you?)

I sat at the spot where I had first met Charlotte and just waited. It's been three months now, and I hadn't seen the blonde since. Sure, I'd seen her with her parents, sat by the water or having picnics with the rest of her family, but I hadn't spoken to her in ages and it was killing me. If this kept up, the next time I would see her is when we're twelve and start school! And I can't wait that long. It's like she's made a permanent imprint in my brain, and I just can't stop thinking about her. Besides, the first time we met was because I accidentally sent an arrow her way when I tripped on a tree root, which isn't the best way to meet someone if you ask me. 

"Kono," I heard my best friend and cousin, Aiyana, say behind me. I stood up and looked at her. "You can't watch from the shadows all your life. Besides, she won't show up today. Father said she'd gone back to the Isle, but was captured by the pirates who we saw going to prison today. She's probably resting in her room." She told me, putting a hand on my shoulder. Aiyana is two years older than me, and she always knows how to handle things. "Ok," I sighed, picking up my bow. "I'll wait until she comes wondering again." Aiyana smiled we walked back to our village in the clearing of the forest. It was a funny village. We lived like my mother had when she was growing up. But we had houses and things that father had once when he was growing up. Instead of the teepees that Aiyana and I built out of blankets and pillows, we had thatched cottages in rows. There were around fifty people in our village, which made it nice and calm most of the time unless my brothers and I were causing mischief. 

As we walked back, I still couldn't stop thinking about Charlotte. Sighing, I walked into my house when we got back. "Kono, look what I did! It's you and Charlotte, see?" My little sister, Dyani, smiled as she showed me a collage she had made. She had taken a picture of me yesterday, and now I know why. On the other side of picture me, was a picture of Charlotte that was in one of her "Princess Weekly" magazines. I smiled at her and replied, "That's awesome, Dyani." Before walking up the stairs and into my room. My family lived in the biggest cottage in the village, with seven bedrooms and two bathrooms. This is because I have a busy family. I'm a triplet of three boys, plus I have an older brother and sister, along with Dyani. Mum and dad share the last bedroom. Luckily, everyone has their own room, so it's never messy or cramped in mine. I shut my bedroom door behind me and thought of a way I could see Charlotte without having to enter the castle. Sitting on my bed, I grabbed my notebook and a random pen from my pencil case and started writing. But the moment my pen hit the paper, I went blank. How would I start? 

After what felt like an hour, but was only ten minutes, I came up with this:

I put it into an envelope before stabbing it onto one of my arrows and heading downstairs

I put it into an envelope before stabbing it onto one of my arrows and heading downstairs. Dyani was now playing with my brothers (He's a triplet, so it's them), Dasan and Micheal, and mother and father weren't anywhere to be seen. "Dasan, if father asks, I've gone to practise my shooting," I told him. Dasan nodded and waved me goodbye as I ran out the door. Leaving the village, I headed for Auradon Castle. Let's hope my shooting skills are ok!