Chapter 44

Charlotte's POV

When I got back, I looked around and found what looks like Mal's old bedroom. "This'll do." I muttered before changing into a pair of shorts and a tank top and getting into bed. All that was going through my head was how I was going to defeat Morgana. And why does she even want me dead? 

(Time skip to morning brought to you by my laziness and tears. (more on that later.))

I woke up early, before the sun was up. I couldn't tell you the time exactly, because I didn't bring my phone and there wasn't a clock around. Sighing, I got out of the bed and changed into one of my VK outfits. (change the feels for those boots in the last chapter. Sorry, I just found this on google.)

When I was dressed, I looked in my bag for the one thing I needed/wanted

When I was dressed, I looked in my bag for the one thing I needed/wanted. "Where is it?" I muttered as I searched in my bag. "Aha!" I pulled out the small bag that contained three pieces of jewellery. The first was the necklace my mum gave me, the second was the ring that I stole of Ben when I was seven and still super VK-ish (Is that a word!?😂) and the third wasn't really jewellery because it the wonderland pocket watch. 

"Still holding onto petty dreams, Cheshire?" 

I spun around to see none other than a 21-year-old James mating at me as he leant on the door frame. "Nice to see you never change. What do you want, James?" I asked him, taking out the pocket watch and ring from the bag. I put it back in the sports bag and put that away as he replied, "Do you realize just how lucky you were!? All of you kids got to go and live a normal life, away from the orphanage. And what did we get, huh? Nothing! But no matter how bad this crap island is, you still come crawling back. TWICE!" I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "So? Unlike the first time I came back, this time I actually need to and have a reason." He scoffed, "Yeah, whatever. Just watch your back, Cheshire. I heard daddy's on the run with hatter." He left me in confusion, slamming the door behind him. "Well, that was...interesting." I said before snapping out my trance and grabbing one of my daggers. Leaving the house, I put it in my bag and headed for the chip shop, where I knew Morgana would be.

As I walked, lots if people pointed and started whispering about me. It angered me alot, so in the end I spun around and yelled, "What!? Is there a problem with me being here!? Just shut up!" Everyone screamed and ran away. Rolling my eyes, I spun back around and continued walking. (not noticing the cat tail and ears she managed to grow in her temper.) When I reached the shop, I saw it was empty. All I could hear was the laughter of the two sisters, Morgana and Ursula. "Just go in there and stop her. It'll be fine." I whispered to myself before pushing the doors open. "I'm baaaaaack!" I called, drawing out the A. Kono was washing the tables, but stopped and smiled when he saw me. But Morgana was a different story. "How are you here!? Markus killed you, you little pest!" She yelled, throwing a tin can at me. Dodging it easily, I walked over to Kono. He knew what I was about to do, and went along with the plan. "Oh, you mean, this Markus?" I asked before crashing my lips onto his.

True loves kiss. Never fails.

When we pulled apart, Kono smiled at ke with a dreamy look in his eyes. "Charlotte," he smiled before kissing me again. Morgana must've burst a blood vessel at this point. "NO! THIS IS NOT MY HAPPY ENDING!" She screamed before jumping the table and rushing over to me. She yanked me out of Kono's arms and held me in the air. Luckily, I had taken my dagger it before hand. "You don't get a happy ending this time, Cheshire!" She spat in my face. I smirked at her.

"Actually, I think I do..."

SUPER SHORT AND I'M SORRY!!! I've spent most of today crying because of my f*ckef up imagination. Basically, I have this problem where my imagination can take over and do what the heck it wants! Today, it made me think there was someone in my room watching me, so I had to turn my mirror around because it was creeping me out. I've also had the radio on full blast to try and block out the voices in my head (no, I am not joking either), and I've em wrapped in my quilt all day. So yeah, not a good day for me. But I hope you liked this chapter, and I'll Cya in the next one! Bai!

X Caitlin X