Thirteen

He looked grave when he walked over to me.

I started, "Mr. Kim, I-"

"Get in the car," Taehyung snapped.

I blinked. "What?"

The man looked angry. Really angry.

He grabbed my hand, and lead to me to his car. He opened the passenger door.

"Get in."

I obliged instantly. No questions asked.

He slammed it shut, making me jump. He then walked over to his side and got inside.

There was a tense silence in the car. It had me feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Mr. Kim-"

"What were you doing?" Taehyung demanded, cutting me off.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Don't give me that! You know exactly what I mean!"

Woah, woah, woah. "I don't actually, so please, do tell."

"Why did you leave without me?"

Huh?

"Don't just stay silent, Miss Yoon," he jeered. "Do answer my question."

"I wasn't informed that I couldn't leave whenever I wished," I said coldly.

"You couldn't, as a matter of fact."

Taehyung set me a hard stare. "You were my responsibility. You came to the party with me. Then I don't see why you left all of a sudden."

I broke the stare. "I was not enjoying the party at all. I felt like leaving."

"Then you should have told me!" Taehyung exclaimed.

I scoffed. "Oh, you were so busy with all your worshippers, I wouldn't dare disturb you."

A loud slap on the steering wheel made me jump again.

"Look at me," Taehyung growled.

Like an idiot, I obeyed. Though when I saw the dark gleam in his black eyes, I was glad I did.

"I have no interest whatsoever in people whose only objective is to kiss my ass. I only wanted to see where Jungkook was, but he wasn't even there."

"Oh, he was at the party, alright," I snapped. "But he was all alone, crying in another room."

Taehyung stopped. "What?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "How do you know that?"

"Because I saw him crying. Poor thing doesn't even want to get married."

I set Taehyung a hard glare. "And you," I spat, pointing at him, "Knew about it."

The man blinked, as if finding out for the first time. "So?"

"So?" I scoffed. "You didn't even help him? Oh, you were too busy having fun an engagement party that shouldn't be happening."

"Listen, Miss Yoon," Taehyung muttered. "First of all, I hated the party. I didn't want to go, but it would have boosted your relationship with Sir Jeon, resulting with more collaborations.

"Second of all," Taehyung continued, "I've argued about this not only with my mother, but with Jungkook himself and his parents as well."

He sighed. "It's the boy himself. He always tells me not to fight with his parents. It's so aggravating."