Thirty Seven

I didn't look away from the old woman, even as she turned her back on me, leaving the office in a confident stride.

The temptation to spit where she stood was too great. Bitch.

Taehyung let out a huge sigh, filled with the world's worth of worry and stress and agitation.

I turned around, seeing him slumped back in his chair. "I should be the one moping around."

He opened one eye to lock with my own, then closed it right back.

"Goddammit," he got out, gripping the arms of his chair. "I told you not to get her into your head."

"What could I do?" I demanded, crossing my arms. "She was throwing all this shit at my face! Did you really expect me to keep quiet?"

The man sighed again, sitting up straighter. "I love a headstrong woman, but she was snapping at you on purpose." He locked his hands together. "Obviously she knew how much you cared, and played with it."

The thought of her toying with me like that had me huffing in disbelief. "What is her problem?" I muttered.

Taehyung quirked his mouth to the side, flicking his fingers on his chin. "I don't actually know this time. She never exactly gave a shit over who I dated, but suddenly she's running from Daegu to piss you off..."

He shrugged. "I don't know. It just doesn't make any sense."

"I'm sorry, Taehyung, but how did you cope with a mother like that?"

Scoffing, he said, "She wasn't too bad when I was young."

"Things were...rocky between her and dad, but I guess his death did shake her a bit."

I fidgeted under Taehyung's hard gaze. His father...he never really talks about him. Nor his mother.

I looked down at my hands. Bad relationships? Didn't seem like it with the former, but again, he barely talks about his family.

I barely know the man behind the flashy blouses, the designer dresses.

"Sora?"

My eyes flickered to the man in front.

His ash grey curls slithered to the side as he tilted his head in an interrogative stance. "What's wrong?"

"I..." biting my lip, I continued, "I may still be pissed with her and all, but your mom's right."

Taehyung quirked a brow, barely visible beneath his locks. "About what?"

"You know," I started, locking my hands and unlocking them in a nervous rhythm, "When she said that it's the 'little things' that matter."

Taehyung gave me a look. "She's in your head again! See what I mean?"

"No, really," I insisted. "She's...damn it I hate to say this, but she's right.

"Besides from your birthday, I know barely anything about you." My eyes were on him. "When she spat all those things to me, it did somehow hit me. I should know what your favourite food is. I should know the place which fills you up with pleasant memories you don't ever want to let go off."

I looked away. "I should know the man behind that charisma you mask yourself in. Because although I only may have seen him a few times for a few seconds, it's the same man I want to fall for a thousand years."