Twenty Four

My mouth dropped to the floor.

"What?"

Jungkook nodded slightly.

He then put his head in his hands, shaking. "Oh, God, what have I done?"

Taehyung and I exchanged worried looks. He eyed the lounge at the far end of the building.

I nodded. "Taehyung, go drop Chanmi off to Hoseok."

Turning to the whimpering boy, I said, "And you, come with me. Let's sort this out."

Slinging an arm around his waist, I led him to the lounge, settling him down on a sofa.

Taehyung sat down opposite us a few minutes later, cupping his head in his hands, and his elbows on his knees.

"Right," I started. "What happened?"

Jungkook looked ahead at the millionaire, the latter's face grave.

His lips parted. "I...I found out you had left the party with Taehyung."

My eyes snapped to the man. He stared back.

"And...I thought you both didn't enjoy it, especially you, so I tried to run out the building in hope to catch up with you.

"Camille caught up with me, and asked me to dance with her," Jungkook continued, voice wavering, "And...I shouldn't have, but I started shouting at her."

"I'm glad you did, really," Taehyung stated, "Bitch needed some sense kicked in."

"A-anyway," Jungkook muttered, "My parents heard the commotion, and came running over to me, demanding what's wrong.

"I said I was looking for you-" a jerk of the head towards me, "And dad totally dismissed me, instead ordering to go dance with Camille.

"That's when the thought of you unsafe, worried or upset, had me shouting at him," mumbled Jungkook.

A sigh. "Dad was...shocked. Couldn't believe that his little boy, who had always blindly obeyed him, had refused him outright, in front of hundreds."

"I can already tell what's gonna happen next," Taehyung muttered, glancing away to the window.

"Well, he snapped. Full on raged at me, screaming at how I was bad son, that if I didn't improve relations with that girl he'd strip me off the shares."

Jungkook closed his eyes. "And I said, straight to his face, that I'd rather starve our side your home than bring that madwoman inside it as a bride."

Silence spread across the room.

I was too shocked to say anything. Taehyung was too, as he breathed out, "Damn, man."

The boy only nodded, looking to me.

And the way he did, with this sad expression in his eyes, had me feeling incredibly guilty.

I knew exactly why I was feeling it as well.

He had fought with his dad...for me.

Because he was worried. Worried for my sudden leaving.

"Why that look, Sora?" Taehyung asked, snapping me into the reality of the situation.

I ran my tongue along my teeth. "Jungkook," I started. "I'm...I'm so sorry."

Both men looked to me, shocked.

"It's...it's my fault that all of this happened."

Jungkook looked alarmed as he hurried, "Wh-what, no, no-"