Twenty Six

"You bastard."

Chanyeok froze. Whatever conversation he had struck with that woman had ended.

Ended, as his beady little eyes met mine.

"S-Sora?" He got out.

Timid. Nervous. Afraid.

Oh, he better be.

The man shot up from his seat, his face draining of all colour.

I walked casually over to him, the exaggerated swaying of my hips the only sign of my anger.

"Wait, Sora, this isn't what you think-"

Chanyeok couldn't finish his feeble excuse.

My hand had cut him off as it went up and connected with his cheek, snapping his entire face to the side.

Blood rushed to the spot where I'd slapped him. The man palmed his cheek, looking at me in pure shock.

He was met with undying fury of a sister. A sister who had seen her best friend's husband going out with another girl.

"Is this explanation enough?" I guttered.

My brother-in-law gulped.

"Oh my God!" the woman with him screeched, getting up from her seat and instantly going over to Chanyeok.

He pried off her hands, his eyes not leaving mine.

I glared right back, wishing looks could kill as I stormed over to my table and took my phone and coat.

Jungkook, seeing the commotion, got confused over my sudden leave. "Wait, where are you going?"

"To my sister," I said, shrugging my coat on as I turned around, pulling the doors open and leaving the restaurant.

The cold air outside wasn't enough to cool me down.

How could it though? I was fuming. Not even a bucket full of water, splashed on my head, would calm me down.

I heard the sound of heavy breathing coming closer to me.

Turning around, I saw Jungkook, finally caught up with me, panting from the run he just did.

"Suh...Sora," he got out, gripping his thighs with his hands as he bended in. "Slow...slow down."

"What do you want, Jungkook?" I asked, tapping my foot repeatedly on the rocky pavement.

"Why..." he heaved out. "The sudden need...to see...your sister?"

I looked to the cab stop, not far from my vision. "Long story," I said, proceeding forward.

"Wait!" Jungkook fell into step beside me. "I have time."

"Well, I don't," I muttered, reaching the little sign.

The boy suddenly grabbed my hand, whirling me around.

Facing him, I tilted my head back slightly, eyebrows raised high.

His face was zoomed right in front of mine. So were his glorious features.

"Jungkook?" I got out.

He didn't say anything, his eyes the only thing moving in him as they went over every point of my face.

Then they went lower, to my neck.

To the side. To the exact spot where Taehyung had practically feasted upon.

I sensed Jungkook still. "Wh-what..."