Twenty Two

"Taehyung?" I asked, unable to hide the shock in my voice.

The man stopped dead. His eyes widened with recognition.

He pushed the nurse away, practically running over to me.

"Sora!" he exclaimed, stopping not two feet away from me. He made to grab my arms when I stopped him.

"Wh-why are you here?" I got out.

His hands shook slightly. He willed them at his side.

"I, uh," Taehyung stammered, "I...um-"

The millionaire opened his mouth, and closed it.

Then opened it again. "I...er..." His eyes widened.

He fished out something from his black suit, and handed it to me.

It was a check.

Of 100,000 dollars.

"Your...paycheck," Taehyung said slowly. He nodded curtly. "Yeah, your paycheck. I forgot to give it to you."

I raised my eyebrows as high as humanly possible. "So you took a fourteen hour flight from Paris, just to give me my salary?"

"Yeaah," he nodded harder this time, his messy curls bouncing. "Yeah, that."

What in the world- "You could have transferred it to my bank account."

"And how would I have done that?" Taehyung asked incredulously. "I don't even know it."

"You could have texted me," I replied. "You have my number."

The man opened his mouth again, yet no words came out.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes?"

Taehyung rubbed his face with his hand, then ran it through his hair.

I sensed the aggravation from him as he wrapped his finger around his earring. I don't know why he was though.

Suddenly, I felt hands on my shoulders. They were warm on my bare skin.

"I just...wanted to see you, okay?" Taehyung whispered, his voice dropping low enough to make it husky.

"Is that bad?" he asked, almost demanding. "That I couldn't sleep without your face flashing in my mind? That cold attitude you gave me at the party?

"Is that bad," Taehyung muttered, leaning in, "That I nearly went mad thinking something bad happened to you?"

My mouth parted. His eyes were darting all over my face, as if memorising every detail so he could never forget it.

He lowered his head, his locks tickling my skin, his earring drooping low.

My fingers itched to run my hands through his hair. Feel the softness of his curls.

Sadly, he looked up again, a depressed expression on his face.

"Anni?"

Taehyung looked past me. His eyes widened.

Confused, I glanced over my shoulder.

Chanja and Chanmi were looking up at us.

I instantly pushed him away, and went over to them. "Yes dear?"

Yet the girls did not answer me. They just stared and stared at the man beside me.

"You..." Chanja got out. "You aren't who I think-"