Thirty Nine

Kim Manor may had been an old house, but the despite it being a few decades old, it looked positively glorious.

The setting screamed vintage, ornate wooden furniture all carefully arranged to make a living room embodying 19th century perfection. Teal walls, thin long windows lined on it, and lush black carpet set under our feet.

Black chandeliers hung off the ceiling, off now to show off the sunlight steaming through the velvet curtains.

It looked like an old English estate, in which lords and ladies would hold their banquets in.

Goddamn. Lucky Taehyung for spending his childhood here.

"Are you done drooling?"

My eyes snapped to the old woman in front of me, giving me an exasperated look.

I returned her glare, walking past her and deeper into the living room.

My ass instantly settled upon a lavish red chair, hands on the mahogany arms. A breath whooshed out of me as I closed my eyes.

Fuck the world. This is what I should be doing for the rest of my life.

I heard Taehyung's sensual laughter nearing me. I opened my eyes, seeing him stand above me.

"I swear that damned chair gave you more pleasure than I ever could," he mused, crossing his arms.

"Good thing you've realised, or else telling you myself would have been so awkward."

His eyes twinkled as he looked down at me, curls hovering above my face. "It seems you have a hard time telling me anything when I fulfill with you with pleasure. I don't find it awkward one bit."

Right, cheeks, you know the drill. Off you blush.

"Dear Lord, when will you both ever stop?"

Taehyung stood up straighter after throwing a glare in his mother's direction.

I got up myself, grabbing my suitcase. "Right, where do I put this-"

I couldn't finish my sentence as I was cut off by a noise.

It sounded like a high bark. Of a tiny dog.

Taehyung's eyes widened.

Widened even more when a little grey and white dog came scurrying from the corner.

It let out another bark, which had the man lighting up entirely.

"Yeontan!"

Dropping to his knees, the dog ran to its owner, pouncing atop his face and giving Taehyung's cheek a good lick.

He let out a hard laugh, cuddling with the animal as he kissed the top of his head.

"I missed you, boy," he whispered, burying his face in the dog's fur.

Its answering howl might as well been a declaration of love.

I myself chuckled at the sight. "Who even were Romeo and Juliet?" I mused. "I only know Taehyung and Yeontan."

The man looked up, smiling like a child. "That double date with Hoseok does sound tempting now," he said. "You go with him, and I'll go with my one true love."

Mrs Kim let out a disgusted noise. "Christ, Taehyung, stop kissing the dog like that," she hissed, looking at her son in distaste.