Forty Three

*y'all just a heads up since i don't the names of tae's parents i'm making them up*

I stared at the woman, who ignored it as she fished out some keys from her pocket.

"Didn't..." I watched her single out a specific one, and slide it in the lock. "Didn't you say I was to never enter inside?"

"Is a person not allowed to change their mind?" she demanded, turning the key with a click!

"Okay, okay," I said, not questioning her any further.

It still baffled me though, how she's suddenly deciding to show me what's truly behind that door.

What is behind that door, though? The real question got asked in my head, yet again.

Well, guess we're gonna find out.

Mrs. Kim put her hand on the knob, turning it.

She pushed the door open, it swinging to the side.

The woman entered first, I following.

Stepping into the room, I looked up.

The first thing that hit me were the pictures.

So many photos, scattered all over the walls like overcrowded memories in a mind, like satellite pictures of countries lit under the night sky.

There were hundreds, if not thousands of these pictures, each revealing a memory of a blur of people doing something in what seemed like a lifetime ago.

My mouth hanging open, I walked over to one side of the room, examining the wall and all these little memories pinned up.

My eyes fell upon a certain picture directly in front of me.

I unpinned it, holding it with my thumb and index.

A scoff escaped me.

In a thick, snow coloured towel atop his head and waist, sat little Kim Taehyung, a cheeky grin boxing his lips as he smiled for the person behind the camera.

It was like magic, how I caught his smile so quickly.

It was infectious, this boy's happiness. Even after all this time.

"I..."

My lips parted, still staring at the photo in awe.

"This...this is so precious."

I felt a presence beside me, looking at the photo in my head.

"It was taken in this very house 20 years ago," Mrs. Kim explained.

I raised my brows in surprise. "Really?"

"Mmm hmm. I had just given the boy a bath when his father brought out the camera, and seeing it made him as happy as a child at Christmas."

A chuckle came rolling, as I pinned the picture back.

I looked around the room once again, properly familiarising with my surroundings.

Aside from the pictures lay a grand wooden desk, a leather chair behind it and several papers and picture frames atop the table.

"What..." I got out, "What is this place?"

Mrs. Kim turned around, watching my inspection from the side.

A sad little sigh escaped her as she said, "This is the office of Kim Taekyeon."

She looked at me. "Taehyung's father."

My mouth parted.

Kim Taekyeon. The founder of V.