Chapter 48- The Beginning of The End✞

~~The Beginning of The End~~

~5 Years Later~

Waking up in Nate's arms for the past few years or so has been amazing. Knowing that we didn't have to run. Knowing that I could stay in his arms all day. Well, not all day. I have a job. So does Nate. Nate works with Finch a few minuets out of town, doing some financial things for the town. Mostly planning events and figuring things like that out, and me? I work at the church, with Scarlet and Brooke. We help look after the infants when there parents have to work. But that changed... I got pregnant!

I know what you are thinking... I'm going to quick and it will all go horrible... But it is all going to be amazing. We both want this. I know that. Just being together and creating a little family of my own... It is perfect. It has gone so quickly. I remember the day we found out. We were so happy! From the last scan I found out that the baby is a boy. We were so pleased. Nate invited his Dad over and I invited Kristofferson and his new wife Belle, who is just the nicest person by the way. They were so happy for us.

'People say he's not perfect. But I think he is, in my mind he's beyond perfect. When you are able to look into his eyes and see the real him. Having his arms wrapped around you because he cares more about you than anything. The way he says I love you and the cute little inside jokes nobody else would ever understand. It's the way he laughs at your jokes even when they're not funny. And the way he talks about you to his friends makes you realise how much he means to you. When he's around I feel like everything is okay and he is the solution to all my problems.

Love is something you are willing to die for. It is priceless. Love is a choice, you choose to love people. It is the feeling of affection towards another person. True love does not have a happy ending, because true love doesn't end. Love is rarely simple, because if it was not complicated at certain times then love would never grow. Love is like the very cliché saying "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." Because what does not kill the love makes the love stronger.

At times you feel like giving up, but you don't. Love is one of those things where, even if something bad happens you still want to do the best for the relationship. You just can't help but care... Even if that means putting your needs last. Being in love, is seeing the best in people even past there flaws... To be honest, their flaws kind of become their best parts. You believe in them even when they don't believe in themselves. You notice and appreciate every single trait about them.

It's where you feel like you can trust the other person with the whole of your life, you are not scared that they will judge you or hurt you because of something that you have said or done. Getting butterfly's when you think about them or when they are near you. They make you smile when you don't want too. When you are together nothing else matters. Love is selfless, caring and passionate. But most of all... At times... It's completely unfair.'

"Love is fire. But whether it's going to warm your heart, or burn your house down... You can never tell..."

I did. From the fist day I met Nate. All the way back to the café 'Chance Encounter' when we first set eyes on each other. I knew that he was something else. Something special if you will. I am so glad I met him.

I love him so much. I love this. This house. This town. My new life. Our new life.'

With that I closed turned the last page of the book, and closed it. Placing it back into the envelope it came in, writing 'Final Publish' on the front.

"Mummy...?" I swirled my chair around, closing and leaving the book on the table.

"Hey baby. Where's Daddy?" I asked as I picked him up to sit on my knee.

"Right here. Okay, say goodnight little man. It's time for beddy byes." Nate walked in.

"But... But... I'm not tired." Emmet wined.

"Come on. I will come up in a bit and read you a story. How about that?" He excitedly jumped down kissed my cheek and ran off.

"He's growing so fast!" Nate smiled at him as he ran past.

"I know. Our little Emmet Isaac Grey." I smiled, reminiscing over the past.

"So... What are you doing?" Nate snaked his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"I just finished writing." I said getting up.

"Writing what?" Nate asked me.

"I'm going to put Em to bed." I un-snaked myself from Nate's grip and kissed him, before leaving to attend to Emmet.

I stood by the door as I watched Nate read the envelope. He picked it up and turned back to me.

"So do I not get to read your book?" He smirked and walked closer to me.

"Not until it's published." I smiled.

"God I love you Imogen." He walked up to me.

"I love you too." I smiled.

"Seriously though... After the hell I put you through. The hell I put us through. I am so glad that we are here, safe. With Emmet and our friends. I know you would have loved your parents here but this here, this town, is our family." My fave was in his hands. His thumb gently caressing my cheek.

"You know, you mom would have been so proud to see you like this." I saw tears grow in his eyes.

"She would have loved you just as much as I do." He smiled kissing me.

We began walking upstairs to tuck Emmet in to bed and to say goodnight as Nate stopped. "So, what's your book about?" I smirked and winked to him, jumping upstairs and leaving him, not saying a word.