Ten

The next couple of days quickly came and went. Nothing happened except me being glared at by the girls. It was Thursday at lunch when Finley came up to me again.

You are going to regret ever putting your hands on me.

I looked up from my lunch and stared into her eyes from behind my glasses. Her friends were glaring knives at me from across the room. But I didn't care I continued to eat my food.

You better watch your back nerd. You have no idea what I'm gonna do to you.

Good luck with that. I pushed my chair back got up emptied my trash and walked out of the lunchroom. I was on my way to the technology lab since that was my next subject.

Yow bitch I told you to watch your back.

I heard footsteps coming close to me, as I turned around I was tackled to the ground by her. My back hit the edge of the lockers and that hurt like f^ck. I felt a punch to my cheek then another before I moved. My glasses fell off and I swear I head it break.

I pulled myself off the floor and took a step back when she swung and punched her under her ribs. I shoved her into the locker and was about to continue my wrath when I remembered what Giann said. She held onto my arm and swung me back into the locker then busted my lip before walking away when the bell rang.

I slid down to the floor and put my head in my hands. I sat there when the girls started walking to get to class and I stayed there when the bell rang again for classes to begin. I got up went to the bathroom and cleaned my face before heading to class. She hit like a girl, I've had worse so this wasn't new. I know Giann's gonna go mommy mode when she sees me. I was late but I didn't care, I sat in my seat and zoned out the entire session.

The whole reason I'm good at fighting is because I used to sleep in a gym when I lived with the Murphys. That was last year, I had to learn to defend myself, they had four foster kids and two of their own and I was new so they made sure I remembered that everyday until I got tired of them. We got in a fight and i beat them all up one by one and left.

Class ended with me not hearing a single word the teacher said. I got up and was about you leave when he called me to his table.
What happened to your face and why were you late?

Nothing. Can I leave now?

Why should I tell him anything? Its not like he cares and, I'm leaving tomorrow anyways. I walked out of the class and went to my next lesson Math. I was definitely going to tune out this teacher. Yesterday made 6 years since my dad passed. And what did I do to remember him; nothing. I got in a fight today with that dick Finley. I should have kicked her ass but I know Giann wouldn't like that and I wanted to make a good impression on the Waynes tomorrow. Now I'm going there looking all beat up. Fuck Finley.

I had 2 hours of math droning on and on. I wrote my notes still but I couldnt figure out what was going on on the paper. I was staring out the window and when I wasn't doing that I was drawing on the back of my book or writing what was on the board. I gave up on learning math so I wasn't listening. I wished I had a phone to listen some music.

I can't wait to see Oneilia tomorrow. I don't know her that much, ok I don't really know her at all but I still wanted to see the one person that wanted to know me.

Before I knew it class was over. I sprinted to my room to avoid getting seen by Ms. Kym. She would definitely have something to say.

I opened my door to see all my stuff scattered on the floor. Fuck my life. I let her beat me up and she still thrashed my room. That girl doesn't know when to quit. I took my time fixed my room put my stuff together and then crashed on the floor.

I was sweaty and dirty and now my face was hurting. I can't go to the nurse cause she will want to know how I got the bruise and the busted lip. I took the long way to the lunch room avoiding all directions I know Ms. Kym would take. I asked venn the dishwasher if I could get some ice. She didn't ask any questions so I was good with that.

I went back to my room laid on the bed and put the ice on my cheek. It hurt but it was relieving at the same time. I don't know how many minutes or hours passed before I got up and went to get showered. I wasn't hungry and I didn't want to get blamed for starting another fight in the same week.

I got clean, wrapped my towel around me and walked back to the room. The best thing was that the shelter wasn't full so I didn't have a roommate. I went back to the room and fell asleep in my towel again. I woke up a couple times during the night as usual but eventually gave up on sleep around 3:30.

I laid there in the dark hoping for morning to come so I could finally leave this place. The staff was nice but the girls here are assholes. Not all of them just the ones in every class I attended. Still was nothing compared to some of the homes I've been to.

I must have fallen asleep at some point cause now the sun was blinding me. I looked at the clock on the wall and realized I only had 10 minutes to get to class. And how the fuck am I gonna see anything on the board when Finley broke my fucking glasses. I still got dressed ran a brush through my hair. Brushed my teeth quickly and dashed to the lunchroom to see if I could get something to eat. I was starving.

I got there just as Venn was cleaning the counters and removing the food served for breakfast. I ran up to her and got two pancakes and some scrambled eggs and fruit juice. This was better than nothing.

I quickly ate and ran off to my classroom. I made it just as the bell rang still chewing the last bit of food in my mouth.

The teacher was looking at the bruise on my face but I wasn't gonna say anything so I went and got my seat.

Class began and before I know it the day was over. I had another run in with Finley and I made sure she knew I could do serious damage to her.
I didn't do much, just hit her in the throat when she didn't expect it. She was alone so no one to tell what happened.

She fell to the ground and I bent beside her and whispered choose enuf so only she could hear. I let you beat my ass yesterday and that was enough but I didn't appreciate the fact that you and your minions crashed my room. It took me hours to fix. Next time don't even think about it.

She was still catching her breath as I walked off to my room to get all my stuff.

I went outside while Giann signed me out and we walked to her car and drove away.