Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Harry's POV

The second she stepped out of the car I pulled my phone out and took it off silent. 15 texts, 24 missed calls and 72 emails. Fuck.

I storm through the office lobby and into the elevator, the others stepping out as I come in. "Mr Styles." A man greets me with a curt nod, which I return. I press the button to the top floor and scroll through the emails as I wait. So slow.

The doors finally open after 20 billion years and I walk forward to Kate, who I only hired because we've been friends since we were 3 and she understands what I want, at the reception desk with my shoulders thrown back. She smirks at me before speaking, and I already know what shes going to say.

"I rescheduled those meetings that you canceled." She says, failing to hide her smirk. I narrow my eyes and scowl. "So how was lunch?" She asks and laughs a bit when I roll my eyes.

"Out of my business, Kate." I bark and she just laughs, a reaction not many normally have. To be honest, lunch was pretty good. But I don't want to be reminded that I canceled two important meetings with artists and their managments to spend time with her. As an apology. Who am I?

"I'd love to get to know her." She says as I turn on my heel, making me whip back around and face her.

"So would I." I say before snapping back around and stalking down the hall to my office. Once safely behind the large doors, I unbutton my jacket and throw it on the chair.

To be honest, she had opened up a little after I said she was hard to read. I did the same, but hid my ghosts, as I'm sure she was doing the same. I noticed a few things about her. When she's nervous she plays with her fingers of pulls them down with her thumb. I noticed that she also bites the side of her lip when she's nervous. I noticed that when she's upset or lying she won't make eye contact and she will tap her foot or move it in some way. I noticed that she runs her hand through her hair when she's stressed. I noticed that she absolutely loves teasing me by wearing things that look amazing on her. And making jokes at my expense, but still making me laugh. Even the way she moves without even noticing teases me. I noticed that she likes when I joke and am relaxed, and I noticed that I find myself wanting to continue making those horrible jokes to keep her laughing and smiling.

The little things.

But I think the strangest thing that I noticed that I'm already changing myself so I can be around her. She's different. So I'm taking a different approach. My dirty comments didn't seem to be working on her, like they normally do. To be honest, I did use pretty bad ones. I wasn't thinking. Wear something sexy? Like, what even is that? So I noticed she doesn't like that side, or if she does she doesn't want to so she hides it. Just like I've been hiding my angry or controlling side, for the most part. She hasn't seen me work, she hasn't seen me write. She hasn't seen me do many things.

Not that I would like her to see some of those things. They aren't exactly my strong points.

Fuck I've gone insane.

....

I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT I'M UPDATING WITH A FULL CHAPTER LATER TODAY SO CALM DOWN! I just wanted to give a little peak inside his brain and show what he was thinking, which may or may not have been confusing. My internal debate at this time is whether or not I want Harry to be an asshole, and I think I've decided he will be a sweet asshole. He just doesn't know the first part.

THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!! vote and comment xx