Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Song of chapter: Stay by Miley Cyrus

A/N
I uploaded chapter 20 a few days ago and before that I put up an authors note (which I deleted today) but because I technically started writing the chapter before I put up the authors note, when chapter 20 was officially published it went before the authors note. Make sure you go back and read that if you haven't. It's a good chapter. Very important.

Harry's POV

Death.

I feel like death. I feel like I am walking around with a hole in my chest, obvious to everyone, yet I act as if it's not there.

Every word she said tore me apart. She blamed herself. That's what tore me apart. I was to blame. I was greedy. Mary told me that I either had to commit or let her go. I was greedy. I wanted her, I wouldn't let her go. I should have.

Turns out I could have saved myself from heartache.

You clearly can't handle this.

You were fine before me.

You can't love me.

Her words shattered my world. My entire world.

It started with me not letting her go, and ended with her letting me go.

......

I called her everyday for 5 days straight until everyone told me to stop. I needed to hear her voice. She never answered.

I enter my apartment glumly, my eyes briefly stopping to stare at the pile of broken glass, surrounding a picture of her, of us. I broke it on that day. I threw it at a wall in my rampage. I haven't had the heart to clean it up.

I'm not sure if I have a heart anymore.

If anything, that picture represents my heart.

As much as I should, I don't regret telling her I love her. I didn't know it at the time, but once I said it, everything made sense. She wasn't just another girl. Hell, we hadn't even fucked yet. But I still love her. And I'd like to think she loves me. I'd like to think my smile makes everything better in her world, like hers does to mine. I'd like to think she has noticed little things about me, like I have her.

......

Hailey's POV

I can honestly say I've left my bed 6 times in the past 3 days.

I know, I was the one to technically end it. It's not like I wanted to. I had to. I could already tell it was going to become a toxic relationship. I would be constantly waiting and putting in the effort while he just continued living his life, as if I was just a new accessory.

The worst part, I would say, is that the good memories truly did out balance the bad. Our first date. First kiss. Our first night together. Out first morning together. First meal cooked together. First trip together. First event together. Every single one of those things added up to create a form of perfection I didn't know existed. But the relationship wasn't. It was perfectly imperfect.

So imperfectly perfect that I haven't been able to function without his looming presence, his soft kisses, his laugh, his smile, his frown, his hugs, his voice...I've simply become nothing without him.

And this sounds terrible because it is.

I can't even fathom the idea of just attempting to process the fact that he said he loves me. It killed me not to say it back. It killed me. But he couldn't have meant it. He just blurted it out, a way to try to get me to stay. He can't love me, it's not possible. I'm not entirely sure that he is capable of loving someone in that way.