Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"I was about to ask you the same question." I reply and nuzzles his face in my shoulder. He continues to laugh, before eventually leaning off me and helping me sit up. I begin to find a comfortable position when his arm push under my legs, the other behind my back as he scoops me up off the couch, standing up. "What are you doing?" I question, getting slightly panicked from not being on the ground. He doesn't respond, just walks away from the couch towards the floating stairs that face the large windows away from the door. He slowly begins walking up them and I grip his shirt.

"Are you scared?" He asks in an amused voice and I scowl. He rolls his eyes and tightens his grip, a reaction I didn't expect. I expected him to pretend to drop me down the stairs, to be honest.

He carries me down a hallway once we reach the top of the stairs and kicks open a door, closing it behind him. We step into a large room with light gray walls, a large bed with crisp white sheets and dark blue accent pillows. A large chest in front of the bed is open to reveal a flat screen tv. He walks over and drops me onto the bed before climbing on himself, a small, proud grin on his face. He leans back and lays down, back propped up against the pillows. I sit on my legs, watching him and he adjusts his position.

"Would you like to watch something?" He asks, picking up a remote from the side table. I nod and he hits a button, turning on the tv. "What do you want to watch?" He asks, flicking through the channels.

"You pick." I respond and he frowns, before settling on a channel playing Twilight. My jaw drops open and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"I saw the books in your apartment earlier." He explains, and smug smiles spread across both of our faces.

I settle down and lean back next to him, his left arm spread against the backs of the pillows. I lay my head in the crook of his shoulder and lay my arm over his stomach, feeling as he tenses and sucks in a breath. "Sorry..." I say, pulling my arm away and beginning to turn.

He lets out the deep breath before he catches my wrist, flipping me back over and laying my arm on his torso for me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "I'm not used to this." He says in a near whisper, and I nod. Me neither. He runs his thumb across the hem of my shirt again before sneaking under and drawing patterns on my back with the pad of his finger.

I'd say the main accomplishment for tonight has been that we haven't snapped at each other or gotten into an argument. He's being sweet and understanding and caring. I like it.

"I'll drive you back to your place in the morning." He says in a groggy voice halfway through the movie. I move my head to look at him, his eyes half closed. I was going to argue, but he's already basically asleep. Instead, I lean up and peck his cheek, making his lips turn up as his eyes close. "Goodnight," he says with closed eyes.

"Goodnight, Harry." I take the remote from his hands and turn off the movie, staying in his arms. I could stay like that forever.

.....

The morning comes much too soon, me waking up to Harry's alarm clock, and him moving around in an attempt to quickly end the beeping. I sit up with my eyes closed and stretch my arms, before opening them and adjusting to the bright light from behind the curtains.

"Good morning," He greets and I look at him, still in his clothes from last night, just like me. I smile at his grin and wipe my eyes. "I've got to be at the airport in 45 minutes so we can get ready and I can drop you off on the way." He says casually and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Airport?" I ask, not recalling anything regarding him going anywhere.

"I didn't mention it last night?" He asks and I shake my head. "I'm going to LA on business. I'll be back Thursday evening." He explains and I slowly nod. It's Tuesday, so that's not too long.