t h i r t y - s e v e n

IRENE'S POV

"Tae..." He faced at me with such an enthusiastic look, so I fell back and hesitated if I should tell him what I know. How could be that okay if something tragic just happened? I seriously don't understand him at times like these. Maybe he's bipolar, ugh. "N-Nothing." I gave him an unsure smile and just waited for his friends to come. He told me that he'll be meeting with his friends at lunch and will tell them about the party, so I just went with it.

"They'll arrive in a few minutes, so let's just wait for--"

"Tae," our gazes went to a couple who just approached us. Maybe they're his friends. The guy has a noodle-like hair and his girlfriend looks really pale, though it's her normal skin color. "Hi." Their gazes went to me, so they greeted me and bowed. I stood up and bowed swiftly. I gave them a smile and invited them to take a seat infront of us. They gladly sat and we started conversing about the party.

Taehyung called a waiter and asked us what do we want to eat for lunch. After all of that, we composed ourselves and waited for Taehyung to say anything. I was actually expecting him to say that he's going to tell about the party already, but he introduced me to his friends first. It was a little awkward since they might think that Taehyung got a new girl already when he was just hugging and sobbing because of Sana earlier.

"I'm glad to see you guys again." Taehyung flashed a smile. "I invited you guys because I'll be holding a party."

"Party about what?" Jimin asked and glanced at me swiftly. Maybe he's thinking that me and Taehyung is a thing already even if we're not. "For the two of you? Why?" His eyebrows furrowed. He's against the idea of whatever he's thinking right now, okay.

"No," I was the one who answered so their gazes met mine. I half-smiled and said, "I have nothing to do with that party. It's just all about Tae."

"Then why are you here?" He asked sassily.

"He wants company." I answered shortly. I swear, if his cute little mouth won't shut up, I will choke him. His nonsense questions are irritating me, for Pete's sake! "No more questions asked." I told him when he's about to open his mouth once more.

"So...it's a party for you?" Dahyun then changed the topic. I guess the girlfriend is way nicer than the boyfriend. Ugh. "What for? Are you going overseas? Is it your birthday? Tell us."

"Tell me first that you'd go." Taehyung demanded which made Jimin snicker. He chuckled in an insulting way and shook his head no. "What?"

"C'mon, Tae. That's not how you negotiate--"

"Tae." Once I heard that voice, my heart pounded real fast. How did she know that we're here? I glanced at Taehyung and I know that he's looking at her right now. She smiled as if nothing happened earlier, but I can still see that faint reddish color on her nose and cheeks. "Can we sit with you?" Taehyung petrified, so I tried answering, but nothing comes out from my mouth. If I'll invite her to take a seat, Taehyung would not know what would he do and if I reject her, she will find me rude. Who am I anyway to reject her?

"Sana," a guy wearing a corporate suit came up to her and held her back. "You must take a seat beside Dahyun." Okay, so he knows Dahyun? I've never seen this man before, tho. He pulled her a seat and I know that that simple gesture shot Taehyung's heart. I saw how Taehyung's Adam's apple went up and down like an elevator when he gulped.

Sana smiled at him and sat beside Dahyun. He then sat beside her and smiled at us. "I'm Hanbin, Dahyun's older brother." Older brother? Okay. I glanced at Taehyung. I got confused when I saw no pain in his eyes. All I can read is jealousy. His eyebrows are furrowed real hard as he watches the uninvited people. "Please don't mind us and continue talking." He remained smiling.