Trust, Part 2

Harry's POV

As soon as we arrived it was like she wanted to get away from me as soon as possible. She pulled out a pram and put Mia in, hiding their bags underneath it in the basket. She took Danny from me without a word and turned to leave.

I understand that what I said was wrong, I don't know why I said it. She's been nothing but understanding and supportive. She's been so strong through everything, but something keeps holding me back. Maybe it was what she said in an interview a few weeks ago? Something along the lines of being in love with love and how she hated being single?

If she hated being single, would that mean that the second things get rough with us she would move on to someone new? I'd be heartbroken and upset and she'd be out living unbothered? I couldn't wrap my mind around it.

She was a good distance ahead of me when I finally pretended to get it together and apologize. I jogged ahead of the others in order to catch up with her, we ended up meeting in front of the elevators.

I shoved my hands in the back pockets of my jeans and was just about to say I was sorry when suddenly she spoke up, still not looking at me. I could tell she was struggling to continue holding Danny, but she backed away when I took a step forward to try and help.

"The whole way here I couldn't stop thinking about what you said and I decided that I'd hate to make you share a room with someone you don't trust. I heard Niall has a room all to himself. Maybe you should spend the night with him, since you do trust him."

"Ari-"

She took a glance behind me, "Your friends are coming. I'll make sure your stuff's all packed and ready before we leave for the airport."

I watched her walk away. Her gaze avoiding mine as she stepped into the elevator. I stood there staring at the closed doors for what was only a few seconds, but it felt like hours. I didn't realize how hurt she'd be, I felt like a complete asshole for what I said. Seems like I'm an asshole a lot these days. Liam, Sophia, and everyone else arrived, all of them asking where Ariana went. I wasn't about to admit that I fucked up in front of everyone and quickly thought of an excuse.

"I- umm, wanted to have a few pints with any of you lads, not quite tired yet."

Liam looked at Sophia and she shrugged her shoulders, they must've had a silent conversation because Liam made up an excuse as well, claiming he was exhausted from today's show. I nodded in response and bid them goodnight. The band went up to their rooms as well, so I was stood in front of Louis, Zayn, and Niall with hopeful eyes. Ariana wasn't letting me into the room tonight, that was clear, I needed at least one of them to agree.

"I'm knackered, mate. Maybe next time."

"Yeah, I've got a video chat with El planned as soon as I head up. Sorry, lad."

"Niall?" I asked, wishing I didn't sound as desperate as I felt.

"Course." He agreed.

I followed him up to his room, releasing a breath of relief. He opened to door and quickly shut his suitcase, moving it to the floor.

"Lady trouble?" He questioned me out of nowhere. I looked at him confused, how'd he know? He rolled his eyes at my expression, shaking his head as he handed me a beer. "I'm not as clueless as you lot make me out to be. You're one of my best mates, I know when something's off. Ari's a friend as well, something's been wrong since that little chat you two had before we left."

I opened the bottle with some random keys I found in my pocket, "I tend to be a bit of an over dramatic dick when it comes to her. It's like I'm so afraid of losing her again so I overthink things and it ends up pushing her away."