5: Mission Assigned✔️

Music: Gold - Doctor Vox

Rouge paced around outside the commanders office, waiting impatiently for the two hedgehogs. They were supposed to be here ten minutes ago! She gritted her teeth, "Ooh, when I get my hands on them I'll-"

"You'll what, Rouge?" Shadow asked as the two hedgehogs appeared behind her, making her jump.

She growled at them, punching both of them at the same time, "You two were supposed to be here ten minutes ago!" she snapped, "I hope you weren't doing anything you shouldn't be!"

Jayde's muzzle tinted as she rubbed the sore spot on her arm, "No! We weren't doing anything like that!"

Shadow crossed his arms, "We aren't like you and Knuckles, you know."

The Protector looked away, "Yeah not even close."

It was Rouge's turn to blush before she clenched her fist, hitting Shadow again, "We do not! Now get in there, the commander is waiting for your slow butts!"

The trio walked into the room, tension already creeping up their spines and they knew it wasn't good. "Finally." The commander muttered, "I expect better from you."

"Sorry, would've been here earlier if Sonic and Amy hadn't dropped by before their date." Jayde spoke, placing the filled form on the surprised man's desk.

"Date?" Rouge looked towards the female, shocked. Jayde nodded before the commander decided to step in.

"Though this is all well and good and will probably cause many rows between fans," he spoke, "I'd like to focus on the main topic." The trio sat straighter before a screen was showed behind him. It was CCTV footage of a masked figure in the dark. Two large wings sprouted from his back and he had a mask on covering half his face and muzzle. But the thing that caught Jayde's attention was the colour of his fur as he walked into the street light – dark green. But there was no way...

"As you can see here in this footage, the Dark Creature was going to a secret meet up with two others. The other two had been caught and locked up by our spy yesterday." The commander took an unnoticed glance to Rouge who quietly nodded, "They won't spill any information other than he plans to bring all three of you down."

Shadow cracked his knuckles, "Oh, I'll make them talk."

The commander raised his hand, "That won't be necessary – they are no longer of use to us since they were only supplying a few items. The device Shadow and Rouge captured yesterday gave us a few bits of information but nothing that can actually help us – however I still want you to take a look in case you can find anything we can't."

The three nodded. Shadow spoke up, "Do you know where he was going?"

The commander sighed and fast forwarded the video, "This is the last image we have of him until he disappeared."

"Disappeared?" Jayde asked, "As in, just vanished?"

The male nodded again, "He left no trace. The only thing we could see was a few pieces of paper he held in his hands. After a great deal of unpixelating them, we discovered some coordinates that lead us to his next destination in three days time."

"For a highly ranked criminal, he sure doesn't keep much hidden." Rouge spoke.

Jayde's orbs widened and she flicked her fingers, "Because that's what he wants!" The commander looked at her confused. Jayde elaborated more, "If he knows that Shadow and Rouge stole a device that could show you where he was, maybe he wasn't trying to keep it secret."

Shadow added to her explanation, "Basically, he's using our weapon against us to pull us into a trap." Jayde nodded towards him.

The commander twirled his chair around to stare at the screen, a hand on his chin. He looked at the blacked out figure, his sharp canines glistening in the moonlight. The Protector was right – why else would he make it so obvious?

He turned back and nodded, "I see where you are coming from. If we want to catch this guy we need to be smart and outwit him."

Shadow closed his orbs, "If you're suggesting that the device we retrieved also had GUN weaknesses on their, we need to change our tactics because he already knows them."

"Assuming he stays where he is for the next three days, we can possibly release a sneak attack on his base before the third day – maybe giving us an advantage." Rouge spoke.

Jayde was now almost completely apart from this conversation. She kept staring at the figure – could it possibly... But he's not...

"Jayde?"

The female flinched as the commander spoke, looking back slightly dazed, "Uhh, what, sorry?"

The commander chuckled slightly, knowing that this whole thing was still new to her. However, with the Ultimate Lifeform and Rouge's help, she'd be a professional in no time. "I asked if you'd like to be an addition to the sneak attack in two days. We could use your level of skill in this mission."

Excitement flooded through her veins and a grin formed, "Really!" she coughed, noticing her enthusiasm, "I mean, really?"

"Of course. You'll have Rouge and Shadow by your side. And if Omega returns from his current mission, I'm sure he'll provide as a distraction."

Rouge chuckled, "Oh, I'd bet he'd love that."

"So, what do you say, Agent Jayde?" the commander asked, holding out a hand for her to shake. Jayde glanced at the Ultimate Lifeform who smirked and nodded towards her. She grinned, about to embark on her first ever mission for GUN.

Jayde walked towards him and shook his hand, "I won't let you down, Sir!"