8: Worries and Training✔️

Music: Hope (original) - Tobu

Jayde rummaged through the small suitcase of her belongings. She didn't know what she was searching for, probably even nothing – just something that would give her an excuse to not go this evening. The hedgehog didn't know why she was so worried about this. It was only a date right? Her first date. Maybe it wasn't the outing she was worried about; maybe it was who the pink hedgehog had paired her up with. Jayde knew that Amy wouldn't be horrible and set her up with some douche, she wasn't like that, but who could stand to actually be around her?

Jayde was a strange one. She didn't care what people thought of her, she didn't care if she scoffed her face in the most unladylike manner in front of them; but the thought of something serious actually coming through caught her off guard a bit. Did she want that?

In her life, she had only had two actual 'crushes'. Her first was a male she stayed most of her years alone with after leaving Cleobella's clan. She helped him gather something said to be valuable and though it came through as a success, she couldn't help shake the feeling she did something majorly wrong. It soon died off and she'd never thought of him since.

And her second crush. Oh, the irony that Rouge suggested Jayde stay with Shadow – it was like the ivory bat knew. It was Shadow. It had always been him. Those ruby eyes, the strong, aerodynamic figure, his determination and mystery was something that Jayde was willing to take on.

Through her thoughts, Jayde hadn't noticed the said hedgehog walking behind her, causing her to jump when he spoke, "Renee, may I ask what you are looking for?" The female looked around, noticing she was no longer in her room, but searching through the drawers of the Ultimate Lifeform's room – when did she get in here?

"I-I... I don't know?" she spoke, sounding generally confused.

"Well, I was going to train a bit before tomorrow's mission... Care to join?" Shadow asked, walking out his room again. Jayde was quick to follow; maybe this would take her mind off everything.

Meanwhile

"Okay, Rouge," Amy mumbled, brushing through the clothes rack, "You know the plan, you know the hedgehogs – what will Jayde willingly wear?"

"Hon, you know Jayde more than me. You hang around more." Rouge answered, still on a high about the rose female's entire plan. It was brilliant!  A double date with her and the blue hedgehog. Frankly, Rouge was surprised Sonic was even going along with this.

"Well, I know green is her favourite colour because it reminds her of nature. She won't want something off-strap, claiming it would be too girly. Anything too long will probably deter her even more." Amy muttered to herself, pulling out a few green dresses.

"Honestly, I can't believe all three are going along with this." Rouge said, glancing around the store.

Amy sighed, "Neither can I – especially Sonic. He's been running for so long, why would he stop now?"

Rouge grinned, "Maybe he likes you."

A small blush printed on her muzzle. Internally, she was screaming because she wanted that to be true and for Sonic to finally be hers, but honestly, as soon as this is over he'll run again, "As much as I wish that to be true, Rouge, I doubt he'll stay for very long after."

This surprised the ivory bat. Usually, Amy would squeal and go claiming him as her boyfriend already – but she didn't. Rouge admired this Amy. She was more mature, more grown up – maybe that would influence Sonic more. Since she had stopped threatening him to marry her, he had been less uncomfortable around her and even went as far as hanging out with her platonically. Rouge hummed, "I don't know, hon, after Jayde told me about your 'date', I'm surprised that he stayed with you the whole day."