14: To Tell No One✔️

Music: Apologize Remix

14:28: GUN Training Centre

Gun shots could be heard throughout the silent facility, followed by a loud shout and the sound of metal being thrown across the ground. Jayde panted and slid down the wall, ignoring the fearful onlookers around her. She didn't care what they thought of her. The only thing she could think about was Tails. His face was so full of fear – something she's never witnessed in the young inventor. He was usually happy and smiling, tinkering around in his workshop with a new invention he made – not tied down with unshed tears in his eyes.

Jayde had to find a way to get the device Torrent wanted, as well as keep it a secret from her friends – all of which she could, and probably would, lose. That's what the Protector feared. She didn't want to be alone again for another six years, running and hiding from her past. She really was a coward.

A figure slumped beside her, Jayde's blue orbs not moving from staring out into the distance, "You know, I don't think you're supposed to throw the gun."

She looked at the azure male beside her with a roll of her orbs. Everyone that was in the office had come into the training room and began using the equipment. After the commander told them that Torrent had moved again, he wanted everyone to be prepared for a fight and sent them all down to the training centre.

Jayde sighed, "Well, it didn't break so I won't be in trouble."

"Yeah but you left a mark on the floor." The two hedgehogs shared a chuckle before Sonic looked at the female beside him, "What's going on, Jayde?"

The Protector glanced at him with a confused stare, "What do you mean?"

Emerald eyes looked over at his friends, watching as the red echidna lifted up one of the heavier weights, only for Rouge to poke him in the stomach, "I saw that glance you gave me when Shadow mentioned revenge – you're not going to attack me are you?"

Jayde snickered slightly before shaking her head, "No. It's just... something I have to do." She sighed, "Alone."

Sonic sat up from leaning against the wall and turned to her, "What is it?"

Azure eyes looked into emerald, wishing so hard that she could reveal Tails' location so they could all go and save him. But the grey hedgehog knew better than that. Torrent could have spies anywhere, and one wrong move from her could lead to the worst for the twin tailed fox, "I can't tell you."

Sonic frowned. This wasn't like Jayde at all. The two almost shared everything between each other – Jayde even going as far as telling the male who she was crushing on. They were best friends, as close as siblings, and yet, she looked even afraid to tell him. What was she hiding?

Jayde sighed again, noticing the hedgehog's silence, "Have you ever had a secret you knew could mean the worst or the best for something? A secret, that if you told someone, you know it won't end well."

The blue hedgehog stared at Jayde, wondering just what had happened on her mission yesterday. Whatever it was had changed Jayde, having her spill her past and pretty much become the enemy, "What's going on, Jayde?"

She looked towards the Ultimate Lifeform, watching as he was away from everyone else, firing numerous bullets into the centre of the target without failure. Ruby orbs swerved and met hers, "All I can tell you is that everyone's going to hate me afterwards and I'll be gone as quick as I came."

Sonic was now becoming even more confused. What did she mean by that? He noticed the sadness in her orbs as she stared at the ebony hedgehog. He knew that look – a look of guilt. Whatever happened yesterday couldn't be good. The blue male shook his head, "Jayde, don't worry, no one is going to hate you. As soon as Tails gets home, we can track down this Torrent guy and give him the beat down he deserves."

A pang of shame washed over the grey female and she tensed, quickly standing to her feet. Sonic followed, worried about her sudden movement. She laughed with the look of guilt on her muzzle still there, "You don't even know the truth and I can't tell you." She clenched her fists. Sonic could see it in her orbs that she wanted to spill the beans and let everything out – but something stopped her from doing so.

"Yes you can, JJ. Just tell me!" Sonic asked watching as she took a few steps away from him, her back facing him.

Azure eyes took a glance back to the blue hero, "Try calling Tails." And she walked off without another word. Sonic frown, call Tails? The pink hedgehog came bounding over to him after seeing Jayde leave, a small smile on her face.

"Hey, Sonic! What's wrong with Jayde?"

The cobalt male didn't reply and tapped on his communicator. After a few rings, the young fox didn't pick up, causing an unknown fear to hit the hedgehog. Emerald orbs looked over at the door, watching as Jayde's ears pinned back. She took one last glance at him before walking out. Where was Tails?