29: Old Friend✔️

Music: Virus - Martin Garrix

11:15: Location Unknown

The grey hedgehog groaned quietly, slowly opening her eye lids. Jayde could feel a dull ache over the entirety of her body, causing her to sway slightly in her position. She couldn't see. Everything was bright, burning her eyes as she tried to blink away her blurry vision. Where was she? When did she get her shoes back?

A small dab on a deep wound caused her to flinch suddenly, quickly snatching the wrist of the intruder, "Jay, be careful. Your wounds aren't healed yet." A soft feminine voice spoke, causing Jayde to turn fully to look at her companion.

Deep, murky emerald eyes tiredly looked back at her, cobalt hair scrawled messily around the fox's face, untied from her hair band. The Protector gaped, "Cleo?" A small smile rose on the Ocheanian's muzzle, nodding silently. Jayde placed a hand on her head, "But... he... you went away! How does he have you?" she spoke, her voice rising louder.

Following the defeat of Adversity, Cleobella claimed she wanted to explore the world. After a lot of talking, Jayde agreed that she should be allowed to venture further from Mobius and learn about the world she had been hidden from. She would be safe, she had strong combat skills. Clearly not. The fox sat directly in front of her, still dabbing a strong smelling alcohol on her wound, the pain now nothing but a dull ache. Emerald eyes closed as she sighed, "I thought I could go solo. But this whole ordeal proved that I'm still weak and naive."

Jayde bit her lip, and although not being a fan of hug, pulled her towards her and wrapped her arms around Cleobella, "You're not weak and naive. Torrent is a dangerous guy and has played us all as fools." The azure female let out a quivery breath, showing signs of emotional stress.

But the real question was how long she had been here? It had on been a few months since the battle against Shadow's so called 'sister', but if she had stayed here for that period of time, who knows what that bat could've done to her! The Protector looked her dead in the eyes, "How long has he held you captive, Cleo?"

The fox looked away, "He captured me a month after I left Mobius. I had just arrived at Westopolis and was about to leave to Monopole because I heard about their advanced technology. But just as I was about to board, everything went dark and it felt like someone had shot me with a tranquilizer of some sort. When I woke up, I was here." Cleobella explain, pointing around.

The room they were in was much like a lounge, with a large window above them. It was extremely bright and still burned the Protector's tired eyes. The two females were currently sat on a crimson sofa in the middle of the room, a small oak table next to them with a few items of medical equipment Cleobella was using.

Jayde scanned her friend, checking for any visible injuries, "Did he hurt you? I swear to Chaos if he hurt you-"

"Jayde, I'm fine." Cleobella spoke quickly, watching the hedgehog's fists clench, "For a Protector you sure get angry quickly."

The grey Mobian sighed, "It's a weakness." She got up and walked around the room, tapping around for a hollow wall.

Cleobella raised an eyebrow at her friend, "What are you doing, hedgehog?"

Jayde knocked on a wall, her ears twitching as she heard a faint echo on the other side. She shushed the fox, pressing her ear against the wall before thumping the divider. She grinned smugly, "Well, they didn't hide this very well." The cobalt female watched as Jayde took a few steps back and before Cleobella could stop her, she rolled into a speedy spinball and crashing through the weak barricade. The grey Mobian unrolled, wiping her hands, "Well, that was-" alarms suddenly screeched in their ears, making both of them flinch, "-almost too easy..."