24: Home Sweet Home✔️

Music: Waiting For You - SaberZ

06:54: outskirts of Unnamed Village

"Jayde! Where are we going? We've been walking for hours!" Sonic whined, slouching next to the pink hedgehog that rolled her orbs at him. Sonic could run for hours, and probably even days, on end with no sweat. But when it came to walking and slowing down, it tired him out. It was so unnatural for him! How did normal people do this?

"So, now twenty minutes is hours for you?" Knuckles asked, rolling his eyes at his rival. The gang had stopped to rest for a few hours when Jayde chaos controlled. Tails could barely keep his eyes open, the poor kid hadn't slept in over twenty four hours. But Jayde couldn't sleep - how could she? She was about to make one of the biggest decisions of her life, and she didn't know whether this could go well or not.

The Hero of Mobius yawned, "Is this what average people do?"

"Thanks." Tails muttered.

Shadow glared at the blue blur, "Shut up, hedgehog. Jayde knows where she's going." He snapped, watching as Sonic pouted and crossed his arms. He walked closer to the Protector, nudging her, "You know where you're going, right?"

Jayde huffed and gave him an 'are you serious' look before nodding and mumbling, "I've known these paths my whole life, Shades." The ebony male frowned, what did that mean? Had she been here before?

Everyone seemed to notice her disheartened look before she stopped, looking down a small hill at the village below. It wasn't busy, but it wasn't quiet either. Small shops ran along the grassy paths, young children running and playing in the streets. Markets were being set up, ready to sell their products when people came along. On the far right where four podiums; each with Latin writing in scripted on them. Sapphire crystals were encrusted on the top, the ivory bat looking at them like she would her own kids. The red male felt a strong energy from them, but they were apart from the Master Emerald.

"Guys," Jayde breathed, turning to face them, "Welcome to my home."

07:34: Unnamed Village

The gang were led through the village by the anxious female, her hands fiddling with the inhibitor rings on her wrists. She hadn't been here for ages, and now she was, she didn't know how to react. It was all to protect her friends because Torrent hopefully didn't know where this place was, but was there another reason behind it? Jayde had always questioned herself on whether she wanted to return or not – all it took was a bit of pressure for her to be here.

But her parents; how would they react? She hadn't seen them in over five years and just to appear out of nowhere looking for a place to hide – the cheek of it. She had always missed her parents. They had never done anything wrong and were always there for her and she just left them because of one mistake she made.

They didn't even know the truth.

For all they know, Jayde was dead. She was killed along with her brother in that robot when it fell off the cliff. They may have even had a funeral for her, already gotten past her death and now she'd just be rising from the dead on their doorstep. Jayde sighed, catching the ebony hedgehog's attention. While everyone was mesmerised by this simple, yet amazing, village, he walked beside her, holding her hand, "What's wrong, Renee?"

She looked away, glancing at two children running into the open arms of their parents. They all had smiles on their faces – that's something Jayde took from her parents, "I've been away... for over five years..." she turned back and stared worriedly at Shadow, "What if they hate me?"

The male gave her a supportive smile, placing a hand over her shoulders and pulling her closer, "You're their daughter, Jayde. They could never hate you." He mumbled, kissing her forehead, "Sure, they may have some questions but they wouldn't ever hate you."

Jayde leaned against Shadow, tiredness quick to be taking over. She hadn't slept the entire night; neither had Shadow or Sonic really, and all three of them could fall asleep any second. But the female was too anxious to try. She was about to meet her parents again after so long, without truly knowing who they are – how could she? The female paused in her steps as they reached a gate, "Home, sweet, home." She whispered, catching her friends' attention.

The small, rounded cottage in front of them was decorated in ivy, flowers blooming from flower pots under the windowsill. The grass was still as lush as ever, small flat stones leading the way to the front door. Azure eyes looked around the garden, still finding some play toys that she and Jayden would fight over, arguing who had the best water gun or flip on the small trampoline.

"Whoa, Jayde this was your house?" Amy asked, looking around in awe. In fact, everyone did. Jayde's mother prided herself in the decor of her gardens, even if Jayde used to tread over all the new born flowers.

They walked to the door, Jayde hesitating as she raised her fist. Everyone noticed this and quietly cheered her on. Sonic nudged her, "C'mon, Jayde, you can do this." The female swallowed, taking a deep breath before knocking.

No answer.

This was a mistake.

Jayde felt paranoid now – what if she was knocking at some random stranger's door or if her parents didn't live in the village anymore? She turned away from the door, but the ebony hedgehog stopped her, "Give it some time, Renee."

"There's no point, they won't want to-"

"Jayde?"

That voice stopped her in her tracks, Jayde's whole body tensing. All of the gang looked towards the door, orbs widening when they saw the female standing there. She had long white quills with light blue stripes and her orbs were sapphire pools. Glossy, cerulean eyes turned, looking back to her former home before whispering, "Mum..."