18: Betrayal✔️

Music: Garia - FadeX

12:12: Monopole Speed Tubes

"Agents, you're thirty minutes away from your destination. Monopole is through the next tunnel." The commander spoke through the communicator.

The six Mobians nodded, "We'll get him this time," Rouge spoke, "Nothing should go wrong. We have the device that can locate him, a plan that will shake him –"

"And I borrowed an inhibitor collar from a good friend." The blue hedgehog spoke, thinking about his zone cop counterpart whom he visited yesterday.

The commander nodded, "Good work, Sonic. As we don't hold criminals as vast as him in Metropolis, I would like you to take him straight to No Zone Prison as soon as this ordeal is dealt with. Then we can finally get things at HQ under control." He muttered the last part.

"What's wrong at HQ?" Rouge asked.

"Nothing you should concern yourself with. It's only minor tech difficulties that we experiencing since he broke into the system." The commander huffed, "Just be on your toes during battle." With that, he signed off.

Shadow looked around the room, noticing everyone leaving for the main office. He grabbed the peach arm of the blue hedgehog and yanked him back in the room, "Remember what we talked about."

Emerald orbs rolled, "Shads, chill, I know. Keep an eye on Jayde and don't let her run off. Although I don't see how she can run in a speed tube full of hover cars." Sonic muttered, looking up at the ebony hedgehog from his slumped position.

"Jayde's been acting weird these past few days and I want to know why. If she tries to escape, we've got to stop her – you know that's not-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, okay?" Sonic said, pulling his arm back from Shadow, "I won't let her escape if she tries to run off and do her own thing again."

The grey hedgehog was in another part of the transporter. She thought the idea of a GUN 'hover car' was just a simple... well, hover car. Turns out it was almost like a train with two carriages. Jayde pulled on her GUN jacket and strapped the belt around her waist. The female sighed, reaching over to grab a small, silver dagger – that would be her escape. A small knock on the door made her flinch and the pink hedgehog appeared, "Ready, Jayde? We are about to look on the device Rouge and Shadow retrieved for his location."

Jayde gave a tight smile and nodded. As Amy turned, Jayde quickly grabbed a few siesta darts that Torrent gave to her to help with her escape. She growled darkly and vowed to kill him after Tails was safe and danger free. The female loaded the pistol and placed it at the back of her belt, hiding it from view.

"Okay, so if we attack from the back, that should give us an advantage."

"But that's what he's expecting. If we want to surprise him, we need to be smart."

"In what universe are you smart, Sonic?"

Jayde could hear the three males in the main room, followed by the laughter of the girls. This was it. Everyone she loved was about to be betrayed by her. She walked into the room, taking in everyone's positions – if anyone was going to retaliate, it would be Shadow. Whether it was fighting her or stopping her, he was going to be the first to move and the most difficult to knock out.

"Hey Jayde, we're almost there – ready to face the enemy?" Rouge grinned, watching the crimson echidna smack his namesakes together, clearly ready for a bit of action. The grey hedgehog didn't answer.

"Jayde?" Amy asked, beginning to walk over to the Protector. The grey hedgehog huffed, that title just became so ironic.

The striped female took a breath before grasping the gun tightly in her hand, her ears pinned back against her skull, "I'm sorry, guys." She whispered. They looked at her confusedly until her gun was suddenly in front of her and fired twice.