used

used: verb
exploit a person or situation for one's own advantage.

3 pm

Choking on the piece of pizza stuck in my throat, I ran around looking for some water.

'Are you okay?', Bree furrowed her brows.

'Yeah, totally, continue your story.', I said, in between coughs.

'You two... Had sex... When?', Mary questioned cautiously.

Giggling, Bree answered, 'I went to Kai's party on Thursday, we were all drinking and I got a phone call from him.'

Thursday? Isn't that when Jimin took me out?

He called her then?

'What time?', I asked.

'Uh, I didn't really glance at the clock while riding his dick, Rose.', Bree stated bluntly.

I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I DONT CARE.

'I'm just asking because Kai c-called me to the party...?', I made up an excuse.

Well, I messed up again.

'HE WHAT?!', the three said together.

A little backstory on Kai... He's an asshole. We dated, but I broke up with him because I realised he was a fuckboy. Caught him just before he cheated on me at one of those parties he keeps hosting.

Is it just me who attracts these type of men?

'Yeah, never mind, so Jimin called you?', the girls looked at me suspiciously as I said so.

'Yeah... Anyway, I told him to come to the party, we didn't really flirt or anything, but he made the first move and one thing led to another... He was really good, if that's what you're thinking, Rose.', Bree smugly said.

Oh, Bree, I know. And I also know now what it feels like to be used.

I'd be lying if I didn't feel hurt, but I was unable to show it to the girls. I don't want to tell them about Jimin, it's shameful. Especially after this.

9 pm

The girls returned to their respective homes. I slammed the door shut and went over to the bed. Sighing, I laid down, staring up at the ceiling.
I ran my hands through my hair, annoyingly because I couldn't get my mind off Jimin.

He's so different, that's what's luring everyone to him.

But you thought you were the only one... Wake up before you fall for him or something.

I pathetically laughed at my thoughts and reached for my phone.

yesterday 12pm

are you okay?
-jungkook

today 8am

rose?
-jungkook

6pm

i understand you might be keeping your distance from jimin & i and i'm sorry about what happened yesterday, but there's a lot you need to know
-jungkook

I can deal with this another time.

I placed my phone on the bedside table and changed into my nightwear.
Listening to the faint pitter-patter of the rain outside, I closed all my windows, cursing at the unpredictable weather of the city.

12 am

The rain poured heavily now. Sound asleep in my bed, I heard the doorbell ring continuously.

*DING DONG*

Who the hell could be ringing the doorbell at this hour?

*DING DONG*

Groggily, I felt for my robe and slipped it on, bumping into boxes on the way to the front door.

*DING DONG*

Should I be carrying a knife? Is this the part where I die?

After frightening myself a bit, I ran to the kitchen and fumbled with the drawers.

Where did I keep the knives?

*DING DONG*
*DING DONG*
*DING DONG*

I got my hands on a fork and made it back to the door. My shaking hands twisted the knob until I was finally ready to peek through.

Standing before my eyes was Jimin, soaking wet from the rain, looking as pissed off as ever.