step

step: noun
each of the sequences of movement of the feet which make up a dance

[play media]

The DJ effortlessly merged the next fast-paced song and the entire room cheered. So did Jimin.  They all seemed to know the song, each of them leaving their partners to stand beside someone else.

What's going on?

Jimin let go of me before the chorus began, everyone in the room turned to the front, doing the same choreography. Awestruck, I looked over at Jimin and he laughed.

'Just follow, it's simple.' he said grinning. I quickly caught on after getting bumped into and apologising to several people for stepping on their toes.

I sang along, as my head bobbed up and down following the people.
I couldn't help but enjoy myself, moving to the music without worrying about any technique.

'Not bad, kitten' Jimin said, taking my hand and bringing me back into his arms.

Grinding together, his hands roamed around my body like they had a mind of their own. I was slightly taken aback when he squeezed my ass, then realising that that's how everyone in the room danced. The other girls squeezed their partners biceps, some even tucked their palms into their partner's back pockets.

'Touch me.' Jimin cooed.

Is all this even for me?

I obliged and ran my palms down his chest but I was more focused on watching him. He was so captivating, he was reigning, it was like watching a lion in the jungle. He couldn't not move to the beat.

__________________

A while later I felt my heels faintly ache and watched the perspiration droplets trailing down Jimin's temple glistened. The flashing lights slightly peeved us, our sexual energy fighting to be acknowledged. 'C'mon, let's get out of here.'

Manoeuvring through the throng of sweaty bodies, we landed in the back alley of the club. The cool air hit my bare shoulders and legs, contrasting the hot and humid atmosphere inside the club.

'How was it?' Jimin asked, leaning against a brick wall in the back alley.

'Um, different, new... Thank you...'

'I thought you'd like it.' he smiled, taking my hand, pulling me closer.

I stumbled a little at our proximity, his fresh scent making me feel all kinds of things as we were only inches apart.

'How often do you come here?' I asked. 'Often.' he vaguely answered, looking into my eyes. Jimin leaned in slightly and I couldn't think anymore.

'Why'd you want to bring me here?'

'You ask a lot of questions.'

'Answer me.' I gently demanded, tilting my head to the side.

He took my chin in his hand and lightly brushed my bottom lip with his thumb.

'I wish I knew.' was all he said. He then abruptly pushed himself off the wall, walking towards the motorcycle.

au. n.
since this is my first book, it might a little cringe-y aaah thank you for reading tho!