5 - Take A Ride

Chapter Five

I honestly didn't sleep well that night. I still pondered a little about the whole vampire incident. Maybe not a little. It all happened so quickly. I admit, I also couldn't stop thinking about Gerard. Something about him really captured my attention.

I'd really like to know more about him, but I doubt he'd want to spend time with me since I felt like I was a pain in the ass to him. I was causing him to run around and save my life just because I couldn't hold back my curiousity and energy. I don't know he looks out after humans, protecting and saving their lives. Kind of funny, don't you think?

During school that week I ended up getting really distracted. I'd sit there and mess with my pencil and doodle beside my assignments, thinking about him every now and then. I dont want to be an obsessive girl who was madly in love with some strange vampire dude. That's gross. I just felt like maybe we can develop a friendship even?

I've decided I'll just take a walk up to the cemeteries later this week. If being an idiot and not obeying his command is all that it takes to see him, then that's what I'll do.

* * *

Later on during the same week on that Thursday evening I walked up to the cemeteries as planned. It was actually a warm and cloudy evening. It was also a bit breezy but I didn't seem to mind. I had my headphones around my neck, listening to the low tunes of my music.

I walked around the other cemetaries for a little while, and even around the woods, enjoying the scenery as the sun began to set. The cemeteries where always so peaceful to me since I was fourteen.You know, where dead people are put to rest for eternity. So normal for me like this place so much.

I lowered my music after the sun had set that evening. I was coming back from walking around in the woods, nearing Cemetery Drive.

In the distance I saw a dark figure leaning against the cemetery gates. He had his black vehicle parked right in front of him. Smoke was blowing out of his mouth as he leaned back, enjoying the night. He was smoking a cigarette. I was a little afraid, not wanting to run into another vampire like I did last night.

The moonlight had then shined on him, revealing his face to me. It was Gerard. Just the guy I was hoping to see. His bright red hair was a mess and his eyes were a dark shade of red as he had a thirsty look in his eyes. He wore converse and a tight pair of black jeans along with a black coat that had a collar. He looked sharp. He looked.. great.

He turned around, his eyes on me now.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and I walked closer to him. He took another puff of his cigarette. "Back up here lurking again? After I told you to stay away? It's simple, darling.." he spoke softly as he shook his head and blew smoke out of his mouth. I really didn't like the cheesy nicknames he was giving me. I told him my name just the other night. He was doing this to piss me off obviously. I shrugged a little and stopped, standing beside him now. I looked down at the ground, kicking rock.

I felt his eyes on me as he squinted his eyes a little, glaring at me. Examining me. "Why do you come up here on your own so much? Do you like being in danger? Are you that curious?" He questioned, raising his voice just a little. I looked up at him again. "No.. You said we might see each other again.. and well, here we are. You still never answered my questions from the other night to andI'm just curious is all.." I smiled quickly then let it fade, feeling sheepish. I couldnt tell him I was kinda yearning to see him again and dying to know more.

He sighed and flicked his cigarette bud to the ground, stepping on it to make sure it was put out. He looked up at me.

"How about I answer those questions of yours since you're dying to know" He rolled his eyes.Man, was he sassy. "C'mon, I'll take you for a ride" he said as he walked towards the car, opening the door and getting in. " Uh sure.." I agreed, not knowing if I should really trust this guy. I got in the car and sat in the passengers seat, slamming the door shut when I got in. He started the car and we drove off.